Service and cleaning fees too high

Answered!

Service and cleaning fees too high

Just have to comment.

Your service fees and cleaning fees are getting ridiculous.  I just looked at one of the listings in Florida.  The cost is $1,400.00 for a one week rental.  And a total of $312 in fees on top of that.  Plus tax.  That's crazy!!!  It's in Brooksville!!!!   Not exactly a vacation hot spot.  These are used homes.  Not brand new Disney properties.  Most don't come pricy amenities, local or on-site eateries or security.  Most have four walls and a roof.  That's it!!!

These high fees are definitely not warranted.  I will definitely rethink spending the cash on rental home in the future.  I can find better value elsewhere...  

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John6674 just to help clarify the service fee goes to Airbnb (as well as an extra cut of the hosts earnings) to run the website etc. Yes the cleaning fee goes to the host but has to cover laundry as well as cleaning.

At the end of the day if $1712 is too expensive then absolutely book elsewhere. Hosts set their own pricing (apart from the Airbnb service fee) and some can be too expensive for some guests. There is a price filter that you can apply to remove all the properties above your budget.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John6674 just to help clarify the service fee goes to Airbnb (as well as an extra cut of the hosts earnings) to run the website etc. Yes the cleaning fee goes to the host but has to cover laundry as well as cleaning.

At the end of the day if $1712 is too expensive then absolutely book elsewhere. Hosts set their own pricing (apart from the Airbnb service fee) and some can be too expensive for some guests. There is a price filter that you can apply to remove all the properties above your budget.