Should I modify my pre-approval criteria?

Answered!
Heidi5
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Should I modify my pre-approval criteria?

Hi!  

I have an inquiry from a guest who originally requested a 10-day period.  They've messaged me that they want to stay for 7 days now instead.  Should I send my pre-approval to him?  If I do, it will pre-approve him for 10 days.  Or does he need to modify his dates first?

What's the best procedure?

Thank you,

Heidi

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think it would be best for you to remove your pre-approval and for the guest to cancel and start again with the correct amount of days.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think it would be best for you to remove your pre-approval and for the guest to cancel and start again with the correct amount of days.

Thank you!!

Isn't it great that we have to work through a dozen links to get to the "community" when we are paying airbnb 13% of our income to airbnb? That is such a bargain. OK the service or help is long and never very useful, the site is a disaster but still we can manage to work a few hours of our time away so that we finally just let airbnb do it the way they want - grab the booking, don't pay attention to ANYTHING, but just get any booking, so that we can at some point earn money.

And the community will help. And if you get a wrong suggestion or someone "reaches out" and gives you an "awesome" reply then airbnb are never responsible but it is the "community" who are to blame. That is really smart. Zero responsibilty and 13% of income for zero effort. Cool. Amerry can. Drunk and still getting money coming in. email me at clivestewart@consultant.com if you think that this was an automated reply. We deserve the service we pay for. My guests pay only about 6000€ a year so airbnb get just €600 or €800 which is not enough to pay someone in SanFransisco for an hour to sort out the site. If only others would make bookings and then together we could put our money in a pot and get a teenager to make a website where the dates were displayed correctly, the amounts to be paid out were written clearly, the calendar was set out spanning two months (whao - groovy and cool or awesome), the dates were written non-yanky style, the money was not kept by airbnb for six months until the arrival of guests and finally the site was not clogged up with amurrycanisms such as "reaching out" and "boards" and so on. Then they could earn some money and even the hosts would be happy!

Yes and YOUR message is not available for reference WITHOUT loosing what I have written......I can not just scroll up and view what you have written, but that is minor. The other 349 minor mistakes are what makes us all weary and annoyed at the lack of respect given to us - the breadwinners of airbnb. We DESERVE no better, since we are just ignorant. Sorry, I am just ignorant. You are perhaps better informed and quite happy with what you get.

Early on, Clive, there was a phone number to call.  I also once had an email that worked to sort out problems.  They have, as you observe, passed on the work of sorting out the mess to the 13%ers.   Seems they are not really devoted to customer service, as they say, or they are lazy, or perhaps both.  And, I agree, the site is not very intuitive.  Warmest regards from amurryca.