Wow! Just notified I got SUPERHOST STATUS! However, I cancelled my listing 6 weeks ago. Interesting....

Deb75
Level 7
Altamont, TN

Wow! Just notified I got SUPERHOST STATUS! However, I cancelled my listing 6 weeks ago. Interesting....

Unbelievable…Last spring, after an uninterrupted designation of Superhost for over 5 years, they pulled my Superhost because of a cancellation I did (my only one ever) 6 months before. It was never reinstated despite  all the horrible stuff I went through AFTER the ‘roll out’. Lost bookings due to their incredible stupidity (they 'accidently' cancelled 13 of my bookings because they 'accidently' located me in New York City instead of rural Tennessee), my listing was ‘hidden’ by their ‘new plan’ after always being on the first page of my area’s ‘type’ (cabin, mountains, hiking, seclusion, etc), price changing without me doing so, and on and on. So without  bookings, and exhaustion from dealing with them, I moved up my retirement 6 months. Cancelled my listing September 1…after my last booking (which came about before the ‘new deal’…)
Then just a few days ago I got an email congratulating me on achieving ALL ‘the goals’ needed to achieve Superhost status. 6 weeks after my last guest and 6 weeks after I cancelled my once always booked, popular listing…coincidence??? hmmmm…anyway thought I’d provide a chuckle midweek…

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Deb75 

At least you have leisure time now to watch a movie.... :>)

Emiel1_1-1665657238004.png

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't watch movies or TV.  Very busy taking care of my farm and my family/friends.  And I enjoyed hosting for 5 years.  But at 67 years old, I felt it time to stop trying to deal with the 'new system' and move on.  My post wasn't a complaint, it was a statement of how ridiculous 'computer generated' management can be.  Some missed the point obviously.