a dishonest guest and airbnb host cover not honoring

Answered!

a dishonest guest and airbnb host cover not honoring

I am new here. my guest damaged my wall to wall carpet in family room by explored his eclectic juice  mixer and refused to pay the professional l cleaning fee$200.

I had been reported the issue along the guess here. and had been told make a claim after guest check out, if guest refused pay, airbnb host insu. would cover it.

Now Airbnb responded me the insu. won't pay me the cost.

I have all evident proved what happened, but Airbnb said guest no responsible for it.

the guest is really not honest person. he said he cleaned the carpet by himself. 

In fact, he took over  my family for days trying clean without my permission he made all kind of smell there .

Eventually, i left smell and blueberry stains are still in the carpet after dried out.

1 Best Answer
Daniel8717
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

Hi Kimberly, If you filed the claim properly (and it sounds like you did) you may want to call Airbnb to ask for justification for their decision. Perhaps they need additional evidence, or a receipt. I believe you have 14 days to file the claim. Did you file in time? They should be able to give you a straight answer if you give them a call.

God Bless

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Daniel8717
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

Hi Kimberly, If you filed the claim properly (and it sounds like you did) you may want to call Airbnb to ask for justification for their decision. Perhaps they need additional evidence, or a receipt. I believe you have 14 days to file the claim. Did you file in time? They should be able to give you a straight answer if you give them a call.

God Bless

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kimberly941 ,

I raised your concern to the related team last week and just today I received an update that your case has been successfully resolved and the same has been informed to you too.

Happy to know that everything worked out well!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines