we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community

Ben242
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community

Does anyone have anymore info on what this could mean?

**********************************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************************************

We hope this message finds you well. Reservation HMF5PZJ59M with XXX Williams has been canceled in our system. This reservation was set to start on 2022-01-23.
Unfortunately, we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community. Your calendar should now be open for the affected dates.
We’ve also reached out to XXX Williams to let them know this is no longer an active reservation. We’ve refunded them in full and they are aware that we’ve let you know about this cancellation.
Please know that Airbnb would never attempt to act in a manner that would compromise you as a host, and situations like these are very rare. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I was about to allow these people to stay on a property where my family.

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ben242  It could indicate any one of a number of things, but Airbnb won't share that information.

The guest's payment may have fallen through, he may have been reported for throwing a party and trashing a house, Airbnb may have received or uncovered info about criminal activity, etc. You just have no way of knowing.

It can also sometimes be a tech glitch, as hosts have reported getting these messages when the guest was already in residence, the host had been paid, and the guests were unproblematic. The guests were just as confused about Airbnb cancelling them as the host was.

I just got the message Airbnb h  as cancelled due to quality assurance information. 

Im wondering if it’s a mistake like a tech glitch, the guest had even paid. 

The guest had no reviews and just joined Airbnb I wonder what the issue could be and they’re verified.

@Kabuki0 they have either paid with a stolen card or have misbehaved in a previous stay. Either way you are well rid of them.

Ben242
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

hmm ok the guest said they were needing a place to stay while they had a "minor surgery"

They'd been on platform for awhile but had 0 reviews.