why is my review not showing up?

Answered!
Zohreh2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

why is my review not showing up?

Hi! we just had a terrible airbnb experice & I wrote a review for the host. my review is not showing up on his page & ALL of his many reviews are positive- WITHOUT an EXCEPTION. how is that possible?! can he block the bad reviews?

there is no contact infor for aibnb to open a case...

Help please! I really think people should know about what they are signing up for with this guy...

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View Best Answer in original post

106 Replies 106
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

fantastic! thank you so much for the response 😉

The same thing happened to us. I wrote a review. And it’s been a month and a half and it’s still not visible. But there are positive reviews for people that stayed in the same unit after us. Our experience was so bad, it was written to help future airbnb guests.

@Janet1115 Did you scroll down through all  the reviews? They aren't in chronological order. Airbnb has some, in part, unknown algorithm for how they order reviews.

If  something in your review violated the review policy, it can be removed, but simply being negative isn't grounds for a review being removed. 

Same thing happened to me. the host is only showing 5-star reviews and the place was absolutely not worth the money. Not fair to future airbnb guests who will be misled by the description of this apartment.

Exactly my point. The rating system on airbnb is bogus. Why do so many listings have positive reviews and no bad ones?! It's given scam vibes. 

It also seems to me bnb only posts positive reviews as my bad experience bnb stated 23 reviews but only 14 positive ones posted.  Had I seen all reviews I suspect I would have selected different home and saved myself this distressing stay.  Will move to VRBO and see if they are more reliable. 

It's been a month and mine never showed up. It wasn't a terrible review, but not great, either. The place would disappoint most people for the price, yet all the reviews are 4 and 5 stars raving about the place. Hard to believe 100% rave reviews for a tiny place you have to stand on a chair to adjust the temp on a heating unit, mounted just below the ceiling and above the sink where the mirror should be, that blows dirt into the room and your face when brushing your teeth at $95/night plus $120 in fees. Suspicious. I guess you can't trust the reviews. Book with Airbnb and cross your fingers. 

Dear @Jennifer4318

I can see and read the review you have left for ‘The Fountain Creek Inn of Downtown Manitou Springs’. If you enter the host’s profile you will see all reviews left in chronological order. On the listing itself the algorithm will try to show a potential guest what it thinks is most relevant to the guest - new guests will most likely see yours first - but the algorithm will think that it isn’t that relevant to you as you have already seen it - as it was you who wrote it. So that is how it works. As I wrote, if you enter the host’s profile you will see the reviews the host has got in chronologically order 🌿

Best, Sandra

Our stay Is more than 14 days ago but our review (poor rating) isn't showing at all.

@Geraldine392 Reviews do not show in chronological order when you enter the listing. If you enter the hosts profile on the other hand you will see reviews in chronological order. Try an have a look. New potential guests might see your review first but the site might not think that the review you have written yourself is relevant to you - so it won’t be on top when you enter the listing.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Sounds serious. What happened @Zohreh2?

But @Linda108 is right. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

AnneMarie103
Level 3
Sydney, Australia

I recently wrote a review for a property I stayed in that had safety concerns.  I phoned airbandb on another matter (key didn't work to get in) however once the key situation was resolved we decided to say.  In any event, the review contained my safety concerns however whilst it is showing in my account as a Review Done By You.  It is not showing on the property page and is not complete in my profile section.  Only half of my written review is showing with safety concerns not listed.  When I checked the property page, their last review is dated December 2017 and I stayed their recently.  I am not wanting to bag out the property severley just wanted to warn other guests it was not as presented. I think if the review is not showing it discredits the entire airbandb system and leaves me thinking can I trust other reviews on next stay?  i think not?

Yes same issue here..kinda of fishy uf you ask me!!