why is my review not showing up?

Answered!
Zohreh2
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

why is my review not showing up?

Hi! we just had a terrible airbnb experice & I wrote a review for the host. my review is not showing up on his page & ALL of his many reviews are positive- WITHOUT an EXCEPTION. how is that possible?! can he block the bad reviews?

there is no contact infor for aibnb to open a case...

Help please! I really think people should know about what they are signing up for with this guy...

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Zohreh2  Your review will publicly post when the host also writes a review or after 14 days whichever comes first.  You are notified when the review is public.

If you need to call Air BNB, you would have a phone number on your reservation confirmation,  I believe.

View Best Answer in original post

106 Replies 106

I’m talking about posts with the truth and not lies. And I’m not going to read through thousands of posts FYI. 

I’m talking about posts with the truth and not lies. And I’m not going to read through thousands of posts FYI. 

@Bria1730  I know you were talking about reviews with the truth. And I wasn't suggesting you read through thousands of posts. My point was that even if the review is all provable lies, Airbnb won't remove it, not matter how much the host complains or points out that the review is an obvious outler among pages of glowing reviews, so they're certainly not going to remove reviews that are actually the truth just because the host asks them to. And that you could read plenty of posts here that make that obvious.

But if you simply want to believe something that's not true, that's your prerogative.

@Bria1730  Here's one for you-just

posted. https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Calling-BS-on-Airbnb-s-policy-on-quot-biased-reviews-quo...

Tell me if you still think Airbnb removes bad reviews from guests and that hosts aren't telling the truth about that.

Airbnb denies access to this link.

@Max1511 

Try this:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Calling-BS-on-the-quot-biased-review-quot-revenge-review...

Or do a search:   Calling BS on the "biased review" (revenge review) policy

Max1511
Level 1
Anaheim, CA

I rent a lot from Airbnb in Europe and Latin America, but the two bad reviews were never posted by Airbnb. I figured the first failure to post was a mistake by Airbnb, but now it's happened again. Airbnb did not respond when I asked why. Now I must believe they cover up bad reviews. I've spent 10s of thousands over the years with Airbnb. NOw I'm going back to using hotels. Hoteliers could never get away with the shady behavior of some Airbnb hosts. 

@Max1511 I see the bad review you left on your last host's profile.

The review system is blind - meaning your review won't get posted before your host post one as well and if the host doesn't post one it will get posted when the 14 day review period is over. If you visit a host's profile you will see all reviews left in cronological order. 

@Max1511 Depending on whether you view the reviews from the listing page or the host's profile, the reviews will be either in chronological, or by country/language order. If I look at my own reviews from my hosting page, the most recent appears first. If I look at them incognito on my listing page, the first nes to appear are the ones in Spanish, from my Mexican guests, even if they stayed a year ago, because the site is picking up my IP address here in Mexico. 

So you may actually have to scan through all the reviews to find yours. It could be buried on the last page because of those algorithms. believe me, it's like pulling teeth for a host to get a bad review pulled, and the vast majority of the time Airbnb allows the review to stand.

@Max1511    Your bad review of the host is the first review I see on his listing.

@Sarah977   is correct,  the algorithm decides what order to show reviews depending on language and location—no idea why.

btw: Hosts cannot delete reviews they have no control over that area.

Judith360
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I just wrote a fair and factual review for a place we stayed in Coeur D’Alene. I had positive AND negative things to report. I was notified that the Host posted his review so my review should be published for the public to read.

It’s not there! I would want to know about what I wrote if I were looking at this property. It makes me not trust Airbnb reviews now.

is there a way to get my review published so others can make an INFORMED decision?  Thanks much.

@Judith360  I don't know what you're on about- your review of the Coeur D'Elene property is there. If you click on the host's profile, it is the 3rd review. 

Reviews don't necessarily appear in chronological order. Hosts don't determine that- it's done by some Airbnb algorithm.

Tiffaney1
Level 1
Mason, OH

Freakin shady site!  I will never use Air BNB again!

Geoffrey141
Level 1
Winchester, United Kingdom

Greetings.

I wonder if someone can help me.

I recently stayed at Burton Farmhouse in Devon.

I did not enjoy my stay - and think that others would be disconcerted, too.

Consequently I wrote a review which pointed out problems.

17 days have now passed since I stayed; my review has not appeared.

In fact, only three reviews appear - all positive, despite the fact that the same property on tripadvisor has many negative reviews.

How can I find out why my review has not appeared.

Many thanks,

Geoffrey Hammond

It appears, @Geoffrey141 , that you are an experieced traveler using Air BNB, so it is not likely you made an error in submission.  Another aspect of the review process is the allowed content and a review can be pulled by Air BNB if the content violates the policy.  Did the host leave you a review?