Looking for vacation donations for a silent auction supporting an amazing charity. Medshare.org

Josh8
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Looking for vacation donations for a silent auction supporting an amazing charity. Medshare.org

So I am an avid user and fan of AirBnb.  I am also a volunteer for the Southeastern council of Medshare International.   Improving the quality of life of people and our planet.   Medshare is a wonderful organization that repurposes medical supples for medical mission trips, safety net clinics and shipments of medical supplies to countries in need.  

About Medshare - http://www.medshare.org/about-us

Our upcoming event, Kaleidoscope will transport you to three regions around the world where we serve to improve healthcare  - Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global celebration will feature international cuisine from Affairs to Remember, open bar (provided by United Distributors), live entertainment, and a silent auction.

Here’s some local news coverage highlighting our work from our Headquarters in Decatur, GA. Also, here’s a video we produced in partnership with Halyard Health, headquartered here in Alpharetta, which was featured at last year’s event. Current and historic sponsors include:

We are reaching out to the AirBnb hosts to see if anyone would be willing to donate a weekend of their vacation rental to a very good cause.   We are also excited to share that we also have a disaster relief initiative.   We played a large roll in relief efforts most recently in Haiti, Nepal, and Western Africa (Ebola.)

Happy to supply more info at your request.  

Josh 

2 Replies 2
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You might want to contact Airbnb to see if they might contribute a travel certficiate which would be a little more flexible for the recipient.

Karen438
Level 1
Agoura Hills, CA

Hi Josh - I work with an international charitable organization.  Just wondering if you had any luck getting sponsorship or vacation gift certificates for your organization.