What would you take with you?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What would you take with you?

Desert island.png

Hi everyone!

As it's getting cooler and the nights are getting longer (at least in the Northern hemisphere...) I thought we might want to go tropical.

Let's imagine that you were stranded on a remote desert island that has all the basic resources you need for survival (i.e. water, food, shade...). 

Which 5 items would you take with you (if you had a chance to prepare for such an eventuality..) and why?

Be creative!

8 Replies 8
Jill92
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very big suitcase - like some of my guests do: so big you could actually travel in your own suitcase. That way I'm sure to always have shelter ! And my magical lamp of course - couldn't do without Aladin, the helpfull genie 🙂

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jill92 

I'm sure a large suitcase would also be useful for carrying things around the island! Good thinking with the magical genie lamp - then you could make some wishes...

I only make that 2 items though, what other 3 things would you bring?

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Fishing net - for lying between palms
Inflatable beach mattress - for lying on the sea
Diving mask - so I do not lying all the time:)
A bottle of good wine - no need to explain
Guitar - for better mood

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Blagoje0

Sounds like you'd be prepared for a relaxing and enjoyable island holiday! I like that your fishing net is for use as a hammock rather than it's more traditional use 😉

I would just need a sixth item...someone who knows how to play guitar:)

A fishing net, hammock, knife, a plastic bag and some fuel

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like you've been on a desert island before @Katherine63! Very practical choices. I'm intrigued though, what would the plastic bag  and the fuel be for? If you're stranded there's no working boat!

Well @Blagoje0, if I said you could bring whichever (famous or not) guitar player you wanted with you, who would you choose? 

@Kirstie , do you play guitar? :)) @Katherine63 would not even need basic resources that you mentioned. She would go fishing and probably collected rainwater for drinking with plastic bag. But I dont have an idea for a fuel:).