Leia1
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Not receiving guest messages in email

I noticed that I've no longer receive any messages from guests by email.

I do receive notices that I have new inquiries and confirmed bookings, but nothing in between.

I pride myself on terrific service, so not replying to messages looks really bad! 

I really hope this is just a site glitch.

How many other people are seeing this same problem?

Jero1
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

hello leila

Hey Leia, 

Yeah, same thing here. Really bummed out about this. However, there is a solution: After a lot of trial and error, we noticed that messages actually do come in if you select "E-Mail" in the "Reminders and suggestions" section, the one below "Messages". That's iny your account settings, in "Notifications" menu item. 

Makes no sense to me, since what is being missed are clearly messages, but I assume it's a bug on their end, where messages somehow get classified as reminders or whatever...

Hope that helps!

Elizabeth510
Level 1
Edwalton, United Kingdom

Hi,

For the last few weeks I've not being receiving guest emails, only part SMS messages.  It's a real frustration and despite several calls for help to AIRBNB it hasn't been resolved.  I started hosting in January and was receiving emails & part SMS messages but rely on emails especially as I can answer quickly from my phone rather than having to be near a computer.  This bug seemed to occur at the same time as the 'upgrading' of the host dashboard page - so an upgrade has made it worse.

I'll try the suggestion here & hope it works as an AIRBNB employee directed me to a page which advertises that it won't solve issues!  Great!

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

I had my first booking yesterday from someone with 8 reviews and no message. I thought they were just being lazy? Have sent them a message this morning so will see if they reply.

Frances59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi Leia, same problem here. Airbnb support denied a problem on their end but I'm certain the problem lies with them. My son, who is a co-host, stopped receiving guest messages around the same time. He uses Gmail also. Email notification of guest messages are the most important notification, as otherwise you'd need to manually check messages for each guest, which would be a total pain. I've followed Ciji's advice, and hopefully this solves the problem. 

Thanks,

Frances

Chris828
Level 1
Fallbrook, CA

Same issue, we have been hosting for awhile and never have had this happen!  We had a booking request that had no message attached on Wednesday for the following Saturday we accepted the booking and received a message from the guest this morning (Friday) asking if they could bring their 13 year old dog tomorrow (we have a no pet policy) oddly a message that appears to have been  sent on Wednesday came in with along with the message sent today that is asking if they can bring the dog.  We said that we have a no pet policy, so they are cancelling.... we have never had this happen before, so we thought that they were being lazy....BTW the party booking has no picture on his profile either.  Moving forward we will not be accepting any future bookings without a profile pic and a message.  I feel very uncomfortable now, since they have our address phone numbers and we don't even know what this guy looks like....