Jessica479
Level 1
Hawaii, United States

Spain Guest Registration

Hello,

I have a host we are going to be renting from asking for me to provide all the details of each guest including Name, DOB, Passport number, Nationality etc. Along with copies of all of our passports.

Is this normal? I have never had anyone ask me for so much info. The Host said it is "required by Spanish law".

Jessica

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Even if it wasn't required, @Jessica479, every host gas the right to know who will be staying at their home. Would you let a stranger sleep in your place?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Jessica479

I believe it is a legal requirement in Spain (sure you can check this out online). This is a requirement in many European countries.

Personally I wouldn't send my passport details in advance, but would be happy for the host to take a copy when you arrive. And provide other details in advance.

They should have stated on their listing in advance if this was a requirement.

If you feel uncomfortable, why not give Airbnb a call for their advice (we are a forum of hosts not monitored by them).

Blanca52
Level 2
Elizabeth, NJ

Hello, I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in hosting me or sponsoring a music acoustic show in your area. I like to travel and I am looking for someone to host me or sponsor a music show, we can charge a really affordable fee, I just want the opportunity to perform and promote my new music albums.

thanks,

Blanca Rosas Music

www.rosasblanca.com

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Blanca52

I am not sure why you posted your question at the end of a completely unrelated post?

Few people are likely to see it.

Why would a host want to sponsor your show? Putting on a show benefits you rather than them - as it gives you an opportunity to sell tickets and raise your profile and promote your albums. Therefore you should be covering the costs. If you are well known then you or your agent should be able to secure sponsorship from sponsors associated with the sort of audience your music attracts.

If you want a host just do a search of the area you are interested and dates and you can see what's available and how much it cost.

Ged0
Level 2
Malaga, Spain

Hi Jessica, the short answer is "yes"! It's required by Spanish law, and the same would happen if you were staying in a hotel. I ask for all the details beforehand (names, DOB, nationality) but passport numbers only when they arrive, which saves time for both them and us. I've not had any guests express surprise or displeasure about this.