Marie670
Level 1
Burbank, CA

Are Listings Available, or not?

I'm trying to find available options to present to my boss for his work trip in Feb, so I told the site which dates I want to book, and it gave me a ton of listings I ASSUMED meant they were available for my date range. Is that not true? When I click on availability for each listing, it shows a day or two unavailable. So, does that mean NONE of the sites coming up are available for that time? If so, how can I ONLY VIEW ones that ARE available? I keep looking at the same one's over and over because they don't stay greyed out after I view them. It's pretty frustrating site to use. What am I doing wrong?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Marie670,

If you enter a location and then also click to enter the checkin and checkout dates then only listings that are available for all of the intervening period should be shown to you.

If you do that, you shouldn't see the "Check availability" button. If you see that button then the system thinks that you haven't correctly entered checkin and checkout dates.

If the dates are entered and accepted then you'll see them highlighted as in the top left of the screenshot below where it shows "Jan 18-20".

If you then click on any of the displayed listings you'll see a "Book" or "Request to book" button but no "Check availability" button.

One other point is that, unless your company is registered in Airbnb's business travel ready service, you may find that some hosts will not accept bookings from someone who will not be staying. These are known as third party bookings and, officially, are not supported by Airbnb.

What is Airbnb for business?

Can I book on behalf of a friend or family member?

Steve.

Screenshot (247).png

The button says 'book' on the right side, but when I CLICK on the calendar, half my dates have dashes through them. Also, I won't be booking it, he or his wife will. i'm just giving him a list of which ones work so they don't have to view each one.

@Marie670 read again what @Steve143 wrote. 

Yes, my dates are highlighted, so I assume they are available. But they are also crossed out IN the listing. So if they are bold, and the location pops up, it's available? That wasn't the case the ONE time I tried booking in the past. I clicked on FIVE that said they were avaialble, and I clicked book, and they said it was unavailable. So none of this is answering my question..

@Marie670, is it a very popular place and time? Perhaps they are being booked while you look? Just a thought.