Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Blank Messages

Hi!

There are some very strange events happening now with my messages in the last 12 hours...

The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from (Guest) but there is nothing.

These are real guests, with real profiles.

No trip request, No Text, nothing....

Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write these people? I have 5 of them!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best,

Paul

Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi just had a reply from airbnb support advising that they are aware of the issue and looking into it. No timeframe for a fix. 

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Me too, only one so far. Have been chatting with other hosts on FB. Many are experiencing the same problem. Worrying....

airbnb made any comments anywhere? Are they reacting?

Same here. I've got two during the last 12 hours

I got more than 8 in the last 24 hrs. 

Called Airbnb and told me it's a glitch, no frametime to fix it. 

Nelun0
Level 1
Colombo, Sri Lanka

o my goodness yes. i got a blank message too. iam in colombo sri lanka

Natasha-And-Dale0
Level 6
Athabasca, Canada

All day yesterday my guests were saying my messages were all halfway cut off. I repeated a lot of info haha hope this was the bug they speak of and it will be fixed.

Thanks for posting this.  I too am having the same issue.  I am going to respond. as I do not want my response time affected. 

Thanos3
Level 2
Heraklion, Greece

Same here! 6 blank messages since yesterday, I just discovered it, application does not notify neither you get email or something !

Sari6
Level 1
New Hope, PA

I also received 2 blanks yesterday afternoon.  

Hope we can get some insight into how to best respond.

Johnette1
Level 1
Bristol, FL

I received two also. 

Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

I received a message saying try the ribs

we have 3 blank messages also, anyone from Airbnb working on the problem?

Sondra4
Level 2
Orlando, FL

I had the same Blank messages woul like to know what happen 

TMcribs0
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Thanks for bringing this to Airbnb's attention, I read about it last night in a host forum for hosts in the Philippines last night and was hoping it wouldn't happen to us, but unfortunately we just recieved one.  I replied to the guest and explained the situation so hopefully they understand and are a little patient.  We are in the Philippines

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

We received a blank message from a potential guest about 6 hours ago. I sent a message to the guest. I haven't received a reply, but it's 11pm here, so I don't expect a reply until tomorrow morning, if at all.