Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Faster access to customer service

Customer support

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

We know from conversations here in the CC that reaching customer service can be challenging. Therefore, I am happy to let you know that we have made two updates to our app to make it easier to get support.

During an active trip when you’re faced with urgent situations (48 hours before a reservation, during a reservation, and 48 hours after guests check out) you will now be able to access contact information quickly—just open the app, go to “Profile”, tap “Help & Support”, and then tap “Contact Us”.

The second update gives you easy access to our Customer Experience Team, but this update can be used at any time, not just during an active trip. This feature allows you to send a message to an Airbnb Customer Experience team member directly in the app, just like you do to guests, and you can receive real-time push notifications when there’s a response, instead of having to call or send an email. This feature is currently available for English language beta testers, with plans to expand access to customers across all languages in the near future.

To find out more, take a look at our blog article.

What do you think about these updates? We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Susan-And-Brett0
Level 2
Marshfield, MA

I think that's good. Another idea is to allow us to charge for things other than cleaning fee. For example, we have a hot tub and charge $120 for its use during a stay.  I have to go to the resolution center every time w air (but not vrbo) to bill for it. It's not a nightly fee so I can't work it into the per night fee. It's per stay 

it. it. 

A-Louise0
Level 2
Port Alfred, South Africa

The ability to chat with a person online at Airbnb would be super. It seems to be a challenge to find a person to discuss your business with 

Debi-and-Matt0
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

In this day and age everything has become so electronically dependent and what the young creators of Airbnb and most people are missing most in this world is the one and only everlasting method of communication: one-on-one, physical interactions with each other. I don't want quicker access through an electronic app to be able to speak with somebody, but especially so when it comes to an urgent, time sensitive manner. I want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to somebody directly about whatever concern it is I have. Airbnb has become too dependent on all this electronic interchange of communication. As a super host, I should not have to wait on hold for over 20 minutes to speak with someone (one time recently, I was on hold for over an hour!). I'm pretty sure there are many that feel this way, and if I have an urgent issue I want to talk to somebody directly, right then and there. I don't want to spend 10 minutes writing a response back and forth to a person who I could have easily just picked up the phone and spoken with and had the matter resolved within minutes. The second issue with becoming so reliant on electronic methods of communication is that there is too much room for misunderstanding when it comes to typing and interpreting a "message". I've not only come across these issues in my daily line of work, but have also ran into issues like this on Airbnb when communicating with guests because the only way I could communicate to them was through an electronic means. There have been mamy instances where I could have spared my time as well as the guest's time if I could have easily just picked up the phone and discussed their questions & concerns directly.

So please Airbnb, quit focusing so much on electronic means of communication and start focusing on faster personal, direct, one-on-one communication. There is no way a host or guest should ever have to wait on hold for 10+min. at a time or have to depend on electronic communication as the best & fastest means of communication. Our country since the beginning of time has been built on personal and direct communication. Please don't make us all rely on robot world and loose how to really effectively communicate WITH eachother. ( I just spent 15 minutes typing all this and could have said it all under a minute!)

Good morning, I would like to know what is the period that your listing will be "unlisted" due to a second cancellation of a booking?

I've blocked the dates last week, but still received a booking for the blocked period.  Please help.

Thank you.

Monica418
Level 1
Guatemala City, Guatemala

I cant access the app right now and I need to send an email or chat to customer services... Who and how can I reach out? 

Glenn49
Level 1
Troy, NY

we had a reservation cancelled and cannot get answers from anyone as to why it was cancelled. How does Airbnb run a business like this with no way to communicate and resolve issues? 

Glenn Fisher

gfta.mae@gmail.com

Elisha5
Level 1
Laguna Niguel, CA

Hi thanks your helps. And I need to someone who will support the issue about cancellation and refund in Korea. Can you arranged this? There is one manager whose name is Sujin in US. But I can't talk with her on the phone easily. She is US. I am in Korea. So we only talk via email. But there is some misunderstanding under the strict cancellation policy I can't refund. And guest is telling lie to get the refund.  Please let me know Korean manger to make communication well. 

Joe28
Level 2
Templeton, CA

You guys keep comparing our ranch/winery estate villa and suites to an airstream in someone's backyard and a room in town 

could someone do their homework out there to compare apples with apples we are about $100cheaper than our competitors with the same kind of rentals

Sandi22
Level 1
Mount Pleasant, SC

I need to block my dates for 8/27-31/17  Sandi Strobel 1605 Babington Way, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464.  Family emergency visit.

Bill40
Level 1
Fairfield, CT

Sounds great.  How do I get this app? or link?  or whatever to access this enhanced customer service? Thanks. 

You people never got back to me and left me with a guest from hell.  He left stealing my key, locks and leaving whole suite full of food.  He left with no notice.  Applied for Canadian Drivers License using my id for his permanent residence, all the lights on, fans running and it cost me almost $200.00 to have door lock re keyed and yard entry locks replaced by Locksmith.  Not one response from you at all.  I have since been sent emails from future guests wanting to stay here.  It will never happen again.  First guest was fantastic.  Second guest taught me a valuable lesson.  Not only do you not screen properly, you are no support at all.  Will not only never host again, will never use you for my travels.  God knows what I would run into!  There is no safety here at all.  I have reported to you and nothing!!!!!!!!  BTW he also cracked a marble countertop in bathroom.  

In my opinion, I would never feel safe using you for hosting or for a stay!  I am a retired Law Clerk and can clearly see what the pitfalls are!!!!

Hello @Christiane110,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience and I thank you for taking the time to share your story with the Airbnb Host community.

Additionally, you may want to consider posting your story and concerns on “Airbnb Host Voice,” a new feature on Airbnb.  In Host Voice you can share ideas with the community and Airbnb; you can submit an Idea on any topic.  I’m sure there are other hosts who have your same concern and looking for similar resolve.

Here is the link:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/idb-p/host-voice

Additionally, you may want to check out these additional boards available in the Community Forum, including the Host Circle where discussions are private to Airbnb Hosts and won't appear in search engine (Google, etc.) results.

Here are the links:

Airbnb Help Center:  https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/help

Airbnb Help Board:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/bd-p/Community-Help-EN

Airbnb Host Circle:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Welcome-to-Host-Circle/m-p/267704#M2077

Again, I’m sorry that you are going through such and undesirable situation, but I hope you will not let this experience discourage you from continuing to host.

In the meantime, I hope this is helpful and you find the answer you are looking for.  As you had posted this on Monday, I wanted to know if you have heard back from Airbnb regarding your situation?

Happy Hosting!

Izzie, Co-Host

LOV Puerto Rico

I had an issue with a host cancelling at the very last minute as we were arriving to the place. An airbnb customer service rep opened a case, and then closed it, and now I'm getting a response that my email did not get to him with no instructions for how to re-open the case besides go to the Help Center where there is no information about re-opening a ticket. I've worked in customer support. I get that you want people to self-serve first, but seriously, I've never seen a company make it this hard to just send an email to someone on the support team. I've been a long time Airbnb fan and user, but this just seems silly. How do I just email a human being related to a case that you all were proactive about reaching out to me about and now are making it impossible for me to follow up? I don't get it.

Multiple emails to you to get advice about a guest from Hell!!!!!!!!!  No response from you whatsoever.   I learned a very valuable lesson.  You do not support either your hosts or your guests nor do you respond when asked for advice.  Would NEVER deal with your Company EVER again and will be sure when the time comes and we are regulated in my City to make sure to tell them the lack of security measures in place as well as lack of response from Airbnb when in a time of crisis!!!!!!!

Christiane Roberge

It is good to hear from somebody! However, I am still a bit leary with your assumption. I spent a lot of money on my place and I refuse to take a cut in my rate. Before Airbnb asked me for the reduction(s) I got a few listings now I dont get  booked! That just may be the way it is, or as you say..."not Airbnb's fault".