Sue289
Level 1
Eagle Point, OR

Guest complaints

I received a bad review from a guest that was having difficulty finding and checking in to our condo.  Apparently the security guard said he did show up but was intoxicated and refused to identify himself or the condo number, so security did not allow him to enter. A "friendly" AIRBNB staff member sent me an email stating I would have to pay the condo fees if this ever happened again. I can't find a return email address that actually goes to a live person. Do I have any recourse to defend my position?  I'm new to this AirBNB community. Thanks. Sue

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Sue289 Use Twitter to contact Airbnbhelp they will reply you quite fast as it has 24/7 assistance. Good luck!!! 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I'm confused about what transpired.

Was the guest refused entry?

What are the condo fees that you claim Airbnb says you must pay?

Did the guests have to pay them? 

As presented, it seems that you refused your guest entry to the room he paid for.

The guest should get all his money back.  

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

The guest did not comply with residence security rules so the guest is at fault. 

Are you sure about that @Lilian20?

Why would the host say one thing here in this thread and something else in the review?

I'm not sure what to make of this but it does look like a bad misunderstanding that didn't end well for neither parties.

This!

from the reviews

Christian, from the notes and such it seems the guest showed up drunk and couldn't remember the condo number and then refused to show id. The guard turned them away. Then guest decided to claim that keys weren't there, thereby blaming the host. Host then contacted the guard at the condo and was told what actually conspired. She probably wrote the note you referenced prior to getting the details from the guard.  Not unusual for people to deny culpability in order to get a refund or get out of fees. If this is the case, then kudos to the guard for denying a drunk stranger access! 

@Annette76 but she has two different stories that's all i'm saying.

And we really can't tell how drunk if at all drunk, but i'm just seeing one thing said here and another in the review. I'm not blaming anybody, talking sides or pointing fingers. Just raising a question because of two different wordings from the poster.

Christian,

The guest couldn't find the condo. Initially I was told by property manager the guest didn't show. The following day security told my property manager the guest did finally show at 10pm but was intoxicated and would not identify himself or tell guard what unit he had rented.

I'm not sweating the money just don't like the bad review when we try hard to make guest happy with their stay. Sue

Firstly, what a bummer this experience must have been. Nobody likes problematic guests and bad reviews @Sue289!

But why wouldn't you write all of this in your review of him? I'm just puzzled as to why you didn't word that in the review and leave a public answer to his on your profile where you explain this? From the review it looks like you have a share in this mixup as opposed to your explanation it being his fault entirely. 

A bad review is always a nuissance but you'll get over it eventually. It could have been far worse judging his character and behaviour towards you and that security guard. This guy does not sound particularly pleasant.

Always leave a public answer so future guests can see your side of the story and get the full picture instead of a stand alone review with a negative connotation like this.

Has Airbnb come back to you with a resolution? 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Guest showed up at the wrong adress and noone let him in there, not so surprising !

Either what @Lilian20 says or at the right address but too intoxicated to provide correct unit details. I'm curious too why this would not be mentioned in the host's review of the guest.