Erica5
Level 2
New York, NY

This is exactly what's wrong with the review process! I hate that you feel like you have to do anything for these guests. You did your best and they didn't complain to you when they should have. You had no opportunity to problem solve and be a great host. I would not refund. If they leave a bad review, reply to it with an explanation.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Have you had other guests stay before? Any issues? I would not offer credit after checkout unless there was something unexpected. Not great guest behaviour. This is part of how your listing is, and I assume not something you can turn off. When guests check in, I usually tell them to call me if there is anything at all, day or night, that I can help with or that they can't work out. I want to know about problems when they are in residence, not afterwards!

If your place is truly noisy, I would say so in the listing (in a nice way) and price accordingly. For instance ''some night time noise from outdoor fan in second bedroom, hence the lower price on that room''.

Erica5
Level 2
New York, NY

This is exactly what's wrong with the review process! I hate that you feel like you have to do anything for these guests. You did your best and they didn't complain to you when they should have. You had no opportunity to problem solve and be a great host. I would not refund. If they leave a bad review, reply to it with an explanation.