Adding Vaccine Filter

Dassi0
Level 5
Greensboro, NC

Adding Vaccine Filter

I believe — as a Host & a Guest — that this filter should be added:

“Host has been Vaccinated against Covid-19”

As a Host, I get lots of Inquiries that would be InstaBookings if they knew we were vaccinated. 

As a Guest, I want that increased level of safety!

22 Replies 22
John5552
Level 2
Los Alamos, NM

Maybe this is off-topic but I think any host who has an "unvaccinated only" rule should be removed from the airbnb family immediately and permanently. I've seen one news article in which a woman booked a room and only then noticed the  "no vaccinated people allowed" rule and the host refused to return her rent. That guy should be kicked out of airbnb now. 

Regarding the actual topic I don't mind a vaccine filter for both hosts and guests. It could be one of (1)vaccinated, (2)not vaccinated, or (3)not saying.  Proof could be handled by airbnb or it could be an honor system or it could start as an honor system and then morph into official policy.  

@John5552 

If a host has a rule stating non vaccinated guests only, I would love for that to be in bold type at the first part of the listing, to avoid any misunderstandings and bookings in error of the host policy.

I do like your suggested 2nd paragraph with the 3 options. Sensible.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

just a reminder... we are talking about Airbnb, where anyone can register with his phone number and email and other members of his group don't have to register at all.

So.... forget it 🙂

And btw if someone is vaccinated it doesn't mean he is not infected, or he cannot infect others or cannot get sick. So we treat them the same as anyone else.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

So unfortunate a situation...

A vaccinated person who gets infected will have a much lower viral load than someone who is unvaccinated. No vaccine is perfect. That should not be used as an excuse for irrational behavior. 

Kathryn-and-Paul0
Level 8
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

I dont want to host unvaccinated guests, but proving the guest is vaccinated would be diffircult". I think there should be a tick box for both Guest and host confirming whether their vaccinated or not..  They need to be able to supply proof. 

Angela2674
Level 1
Preston, Australia

I have temporally snoozed my airbnb listing as not sure what to do about the unvaccinated and vaccinated booking requests. It appears airbnb don't have any position on this currently even though there are a number of comments in the discussion to have a form of tick box or even they need to show, maybe upload their vaccine passport/evidence like their photo ID to verify they have had a recent vaccine depending on their countries verification process. There is no way my current cleaning would have scope top deep clean after each booking and that would not be financially viable. I am considering asking each guest to provide evidence of their vaccination prior to agreeing to allow booking. What also is frustrating is that when groups book the only information you have is the persons who has booked not the other guests. I have set up  QR code check in at my property however but because no one is there to enforce this who knows anymore. 

Any answer airbnb?

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

We have the regulation government QR code check or sign in for contact purposes but it can't be policed.

Most of our guests assure us they have been double vaccinated like us, some with boosters. However, we have a regular anti-vaccine guest, a health professional but it is her problem if she gets the virus, not Airbnb's, us or anyone else. We limit contact with her and follow the Airbnb cleaning and sanitising except for masks and pp covering which is not required here with no local cases. She runs a small business while here and if her clients are infected then that is also her problem.

It would be a nightmare to keep a vaccination register of all guests, visitors and tradesmen if needed so unless Airbnb wants to do this we don't.