Airbnb Invites Hosts to Have Home Professionally Photographed ?

Answered!
Kathleen-M-0
Level 3
Rochester, NY

Airbnb Invites Hosts to Have Home Professionally Photographed ?

Airbnb's invitation to "professionally photograph" your home. Anyone get one ? Kind of odd and I don't see the point as nothing much was explained with it. 

1 Best Answer
Martin3344
Level 7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

@ Kathleen-M-0

If it's free then you should definitely take up the offer. I got this same offer late last year for one of my places and was delighted with the results. Streets ahead of my own amateur photos that were there before !

I believe it's perhaps an initiative that they do from time to time in certain areas, maybe to boost booking levels.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Martin3344
Level 7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

@ Kathleen-M-0

If it's free then you should definitely take up the offer. I got this same offer late last year for one of my places and was delighted with the results. Streets ahead of my own amateur photos that were there before !

I believe it's perhaps an initiative that they do from time to time in certain areas, maybe to boost booking levels.

Thank you.  I appreciate the advice !

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I would respond @Kathleen-M-0 - good photographs are hard to come by.  I always say "yes" when they offer professional photography, but Airbnb has never, not once, been able to find someone in the state of Maine to come take pictures of my Airbnb, so it's never happened.

Thanks for your input ! 

@Ann72 

Your listing photos are already beautiful!

Thank you, @Suzanne302!  It's just - I wish when they offer something and you accept it, they would do it!  Otherwise, well, I wouldn't want the listing to be too slick anyway 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kathleen-M-0 just be aware of any small print that comes with the offer. If Airbnb retain the copyright of the photos you won't be able to use them elsewhere.

Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I agreed to the free  photography, but when I followed the steps to proceed they wanted to charge me! I was confused.   I also wanted my STR photographed but the ordered was for my long term stay room (LTS).  I do not have many guest in that room.  I wanted the STR photographed.  NEVER had the phito shoot anyway.  They emailed me a quote with a price attached.  Really?!

You sure this came from Airbnb; never heard Airbnb charging for this service.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Kathleen-M-0 

They do it to try and boost bookings! Good photographs really do improve your chances of getting booked.

The only "catch" (as someone else pointed out) is the photos are delivered straight to Airbnb and they upload them automatically. You do not get copies and don't have any rights to them other than to use them in your listing. And that's perfectly normal, Airbnb is paying for the photos after all.

For me, not an issue as I don't need professional photos of my guest room for anything other than Airbnb. I just got a notification that my photos should be uploaded within 8 days and if I don't want to use them, I can just delete them.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

They are just trying to help, thought 'their' photography is highly dependent on who is locally available to take them.

Stephanie2426
Level 2
Wyoming, DE

Good afternoon @Kathleen-M-0 !

Currently, I am a Airbnb Photographer. Many times I’ve experienced hosts being hesitant to accept. It’s completely normal to feel this way, considering the state of the world lol. I want to assure you, this is not a gimmick and not a rip off. As someone else mentioned, the professional photos absolutely boost your bookings and Airbnb is aiming to brand their company for all listings to be professionally photographed with their settings which I am trained to do. Some photoshoots are offered completely free, and some the cost is deducted from first months pay (which is roughly $100-270 depending on how many rooms your listing has). 

Feel free to ask me any other questions, and I’ll do my best to share my experience with you! Hope this helps!