Announce a change to amenities

Answered!
Vanessa59
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Announce a change to amenities

Hi everyone,

I have been renting my Holiday Let for many years very successfully without providing bed linens and towels.  But this cost of living crisis in the UK is absolutely killing my business, along with people abandoning Long Term Lets to join the Holiday Let bandwagon in my location, so there is now lots more competition.

My question is that now I have decided to provide these how can I make an announcement that we do now provide them?  I have changed the amenities to now include bed linens and towels, but a few guests have recently complained in reviews about us not providing them (in the past).  This is very unfair given they know about it when they book, but wait for the review process to complain about it to the world!  🙄

I don't think I can now go back and edit my response to those reviews announcing that we listened to them and now provide these amenities, so any suggestions on how I can avoid future guests reading those reviews and assuming we still don't provide them?  🤔 All suggestions welcome, please. 

Many thanks in advance.

Vanessa

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Vanessa59 

We have one month to leave a public reply under a guest review so I hope you're still in time to put in a disclaimer explaining that you have taken on board your guests comments and now provide bed linen and towels.

Also, how about putting in that all important first paragraph that appears on our listing   something like?:

NEW! From October 2023 we are happy to annonce that the beds will be freshly made up for your arrival and towels are also provided.  Or something similar...

On my listing I have now included in the description a heading "What we offer" and list the little extras that guests will find during their stay, one of which is that the beds are freshly made with 100%  Percale cotton 😉

Good luck,

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Vanessa59 

We have one month to leave a public reply under a guest review so I hope you're still in time to put in a disclaimer explaining that you have taken on board your guests comments and now provide bed linen and towels.

Also, how about putting in that all important first paragraph that appears on our listing   something like?:

NEW! From October 2023 we are happy to annonce that the beds will be freshly made up for your arrival and towels are also provided.  Or something similar...

On my listing I have now included in the description a heading "What we offer" and list the little extras that guests will find during their stay, one of which is that the beds are freshly made with 100%  Percale cotton 😉

Good luck,

Joëlle

Hi @Joelle43,

Thank you so much for such a helpful response.  I had wondered about putting it in the description, so it was good to hear you agree, thank you.    I have pretty much done what you suggested and it looks great.  Its prominent enough to get noticed, so hopefully will do the trick.  

Sadly the reviews it was mentioned in are older than 30 days so I am now unable to edit my response, so too late for that now, but it should be clear from the description.  After a while I can drop it, but it's good to make it clear that we do now supply them.

Many thanks again.

Vanessa