Bad Host

Bad Host

@Cloud1  you are the worst company ever.. Cloud9 company never refunded me the money from the deposit that I gave for an apartment that I was renting for 3 months and after paying almost $20000 to them

36 Replies 36

@Mike-And-Jane0 Why do you continue to comment you have made your position abundantly clear. Now stop harassing her and find a different post to comment on. Leave her alone.

@Nina75 I continue to post a) because I can and no you do not have the right to censor me and b) because as the thread has evolved it has become more and more apparent that the host has done nothing wrong. I am all for calling out bad behaviour of hosts and guests but unfair criticism does need to be called out.

Interestingly your posts just encourage more posts from me. Perhaps you should stop posting...........

@Nina75 wow 🙄basically to all your comments in this community. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christina1408 

If I can just buy into this, in the absence of the CC moderators over this Easter break can we each respect each others opinions without being too critical . Discussion is great but the forum works well when we offer advise rather than argue with each other!

@Christina1408 

Christina here is Airbnb's refund policy for long term stays.......

Airbnb long term cancellation policy.png

And here is Cumulus 9 Clouds refund policy for long term stays.......

9 clouds cancellation policy.png

So Christina the end result appears to be the same, neither Airbnb or Cumulus 9cloud offer partial refunds, money paid for up to 1 month ahead of the cancellation will be retained and passed on to the host. If you feel you have been hardly done by, contact the host and asked if they will assist you in any way but, please remember by cancelling in the middle of a reservation there is a possibility that your host will be considerably disadvantaged financially and is entitled to some sort of protection!!

I understand your reasons for going with Cumulus rather than Airbnb but the end result would have been the same....you are the one that altered the terms of the hosting, and I am afraid, for that there is a penalty!

Cheers.......Rob

Actually it is not like that exactly, cause the first agreement, in which the deposit was included, was accomplished.. Then I decided to extend for 1 more month but due to some problems with immigration they sent me back to greece.. All of my stuff was in Miami SO AS YOU CAN SEE IT WAS NOT MY DECISION TO BREAK THE AGREEMENT.. Now after this short description of what happened, I suppose that deportation can not be considered as a simple occasion that you just leave a house so you can not be refunded for the deposit.. What I am trying to say is that I know totally the rules and the cancel policy of airbnb and not trying to justify myself.. BUT, cloud9 told me that I would be refunded if the apartment got rented for the period that I canceled.. I checked on airbnb platform the dates and seemed to be unavailable (someone rented it), i contacted them and had the same results.. I WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, not even the half amount, even though these guys have rerented the apartment and have kept the deposit as well.. If you all think that this is an honor action to a guest who have paid so much money all these months, I have nothing more to say.. I remind you the reason I wrote to this forum..I can not make a bad review so I had to do this at least! All of your critical and ironic comments are none of my business! I AM TRYING TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AND NOT ASKING FOR HELP OR CRITICISM

@Christina1408 

In screaming caps, you said:

“I AM TRYING TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AND NOT ASKING FOR HELP OR CRITICISM“

When you come here attempting to damage the reputation of another host, asking you for details is to be expected. Explaining to you how policies work is to be expected. Expressing opinions about the validity of your claims is to be expected.

You are dealing with someone’s life and livelihood here. 

You may be completely justified, but we’re not going to just jump on your bandwagon without due diligence.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi everyone 

I've noticed that this conversation has become a little heated.

It's important that we are kind to each other and that everyone feels welcome to share their thoughts and opinions. 

It would be great if we could keep things respectful and encouraging as set out in the Community Guidelines.

Thanks everyone.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines