Bed configuration listing

Answered!
Joanne581
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

Bed configuration listing

Hi we have one of our rooms which can be used as two singles or joined to make it a superking.

At the moment i can only see away of ticking the box for either one.

If someone searches or looks for the other type  it will not show up does anyone have a suggestion please?

Thank you

1 Best Answer

@Joanne581  Your listing's title and description are explicitly targeting families rather than groups with multiple adult couples, so I think your best approach would be to keep the configuration setting with 2 single beds but make some mention in the descriptive text that they can be conjoined. 

But if you're going to do that, I hope you're including a seamless mattress gap filler (a "love bridge," some call it) beneath the mattress protector. Many old-fashioned B&Bs in Germany don't have this, and it drives me bonkers when that gap starts opening up in the middle of the night.

@Emiel1  has an interesting suggestion - you could create a duplicate listing with a different configuration, and advertise it in a totally different way, without all the child-oriented features such as the crib. A childless couple would surely be a bit turned off by the presence of an empty crib next to their bed reminding them of the scary thing that could happen if they get too romantic.

Some totally unsolicited advice: please, please, please find a friend with a good camera and a wide-angle lens who can shoot some proper photos for your listing. Your home is a lovely place with good amenities, but the blurry and vignetted photos are doing it a grave disservice and undermining the professionalism you show in your hospitality. You don't need museum-quality pics for your listing, but some of those pictures look like ominous stills from a snuff film.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joanne581 

You can mention the possibility in the listing. As a filter option for the search  IMO it is not that important. But if you want to offer it as a searchable option,  then you can create a second listing (use "duplicate" option to duplicate the current listing).

@Joanne581  Your listing's title and description are explicitly targeting families rather than groups with multiple adult couples, so I think your best approach would be to keep the configuration setting with 2 single beds but make some mention in the descriptive text that they can be conjoined. 

But if you're going to do that, I hope you're including a seamless mattress gap filler (a "love bridge," some call it) beneath the mattress protector. Many old-fashioned B&Bs in Germany don't have this, and it drives me bonkers when that gap starts opening up in the middle of the night.

@Emiel1  has an interesting suggestion - you could create a duplicate listing with a different configuration, and advertise it in a totally different way, without all the child-oriented features such as the crib. A childless couple would surely be a bit turned off by the presence of an empty crib next to their bed reminding them of the scary thing that could happen if they get too romantic.

Some totally unsolicited advice: please, please, please find a friend with a good camera and a wide-angle lens who can shoot some proper photos for your listing. Your home is a lovely place with good amenities, but the blurry and vignetted photos are doing it a grave disservice and undermining the professionalism you show in your hospitality. You don't need museum-quality pics for your listing, but some of those pictures look like ominous stills from a snuff film.

@Joanne581  Maybe add a simple drawing of the layout of the space, ie; what is upstairs, what is downstairs, and a picture of stairs.

Joanne581
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

Thank you i never thought of picture of stair. Thanks will add them.

Joanne581
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

Hi, thanks

My husband says the same about those photos! I will get onto it today.  The crib is not permanent so will also mention that, just never thought of that.

Yes was researching the bed gap filler, so should have that sorted.

Surprising what fresh eyes see.

Thanks for the tips and some how i seemed to have made your post go green!