Cleaning people contracts?

Cleaning people contracts?

Do you do contracts with cleaning people? How do you vette cleaning people if your AirBNB home is in an area that we don't know many people? 

We are brand new to AirBNB. We've got a vacation home that is 700 miles from our home so we need to trust our cleaning people. It's in a gated community and we only know a few people. We are twice a day dog park people. We were chatting with a woman in the dog park, who said she does cleaning. She seemed knowledgeable, friendly and we had her come to the house and look around. We were so happy and relieved to have found a seemingly competent, experienced person that our business judgement got clouded.

We haven't given her codes to the house yet, but basically agreed to have her do our cleaning. Once we're home it sunk in that we literally met in a dog park, no references, no nothing.  Do you do contracts with cleaning people? How do you vette cleaning people if your AirBNB home is in an area that we don't know many people? 

Thanks for your help. Even as I type this it sounds ridiculous that we would be this cavalier

1 Reply 1
Jeffrey667
Level 2
Aspen Hill, MD

Where is your Airbnb located?

There honestly isn't many ways to vette cleaning people besides looking at their past reviews and experiences. A cleaner that has experience with Short Term Rentals is well recommended because remember having an Airbnb means youre now in the hospitality business and that means that the home with have to be very well detailed cleaned after each guest stay. 

Besides from that the best way is honestly to just try them out and if you dont like them then you don't have to hire them again. The contract part really just depends on the company.  I wouldnt feel safe signing a contract unless I know for sure they are good.