Cleaning turnover companies Isle of Wight

Answered!
Denise1651
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

Cleaning turnover companies Isle of Wight

Hi everybody. We started Airbnb about two years ago and have been unsatisfied with the cleaning companies. We’ve worked with so far. Wondering how to screen and identify a good company.
The first company we went with we’re doing all the laundry but we purchased the sheets. We started getting some comments from our guests that the sheets were looking worn so I asked to do an inventory and go through each item one by one so I would know which ones I needed to replace. At first the cleaning company said, our laundry was on the mainland, a week later, they said they couldn’t find it, and it had been misplaced, and when I finally insisted, they said they didn’t want to work with us anymore.

Now the second company we went with we’ve been consistently getting a three or a four on the reviews for cleaning. I’ve bought extra tea towels, and they often forget to leave them out or to leave toilet paper in the bathrooms. And yesterday when I asked what time they would be cleaning because our guests wondered if a late check out would be possible, the cleaning crew replied “I’m beginning to believe we’re not a good fit, we need a 36 hour notice for a late check out. I said no problem I was just asking what time you were arriving  because if you’re not coming exactly at 11 I’ll let the guests stay longer. The guests left at 11 and now it’s 6 PM and the cleaners still haven’t shown up so they would’ve had no trouble staying later. It’s very frustrating. Wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. We have a three bedroom  and pay£ 150 a turnover. 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1651 It might be worth seeing if there is an Airbnb Facebook group local to you. Also perhaps look for an individual that you can trust rather than a company - Of course neither are ideal I am afraid.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1651 It might be worth seeing if there is an Airbnb Facebook group local to you. Also perhaps look for an individual that you can trust rather than a company - Of course neither are ideal I am afraid.

Good idea about Facebook although I don’t want them to read that I’m looking to replace them and then have them drop me when I have back to back guests all August. Having a single individual is a little worrisome given if they get sick, I wouldn’t have a back up. Thank you for your feedback though. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have a cleaner that works with five or six others so there's always cover. Ask for recommendations on your local host group @Denise1651 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Denise1651, Did you manage to find any recommendations or managed to join a Local Host Club since the time you posted?

If you still need help with exploring Local Clubs, I am sharing this link here for your reference: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs .

Please keep us posted of any recommendations! It will help our wider Community seeking similar services in the region.😄

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines