Complete property repair and upgrades

Complete property repair and upgrades

My wife and I have stayed at a few Airbnb properties. I noticed a lot of worn-down spaces. We pay a fair fee to stay, an Airbnb property should always be in good repair and taste. Hence, I will soon begin offering my high expertise to those who need it. My work is from roof to foundation with years of professional experience in all trades. I want to travel and help people at the same time. I offer beautiful finishing touches.

Does anybody believe this can be a successful venture?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lee4704 I can see there is potential in this. If a decorator wanted a free stay from us in low season and I got the apartment painted that would be a good deal

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You'd have to ask people who you've identified as your target market.

personally I want local suppliers who I can get references from - rather than someone passing through who can't necessarily come back if there is an issue with the work . 

@Helen3 I think we are @Lee4704 's intended market. So far its 1 vote yes and 1 vote no in the market research! The references point is a very good one though that needs to be considered.

Not necessarily this is a global forum and we have no idea which country and region Lee is in so unless he's based in the UK we aren't his target market.   He also needs to narrow down the type of host within his location that might be open to such an offer @Mike-And-Jane0  hence my suggestion he does his market research.

I'm not sure how you would expect this deal to work for example in your case -  having your whole home repainted while the decorator would try and stay at your property where at least one area wouldn't be accessible to them during their stay. It's also likely that the cost of painting a whole property would far outweigh the cost of a stay. 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Lee4704 
In a low season that would be an excellent idea

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lee4704 if you (or anyone else for that matter) can do brickwork (window and door to brick up) or can help build a patio you would be welcome in Derbyshire UK.