Converting a standard Rental to an Air BnB ?

Answered!
M-Eric1
Level 2
Troutville, VA

Converting a standard Rental to an Air BnB ?

I have 4 Traditional single homew rentalsLower rent, not in DramaAreas, but , esp since Covid- chronic slow pay, high Maitenance tenant. i get about 15%-20% cas on cash, but the headache the serving of papers, 5 doges and a fliock of geese in a pet free house. a tena t that earnd dou ble my income, can't pay a $900rent?,tonight is a hosting for an apt i ceated in te backnof my hoyse, and its a positine i feel 2 month retal , i juzt laidit out deposit, first mothe s rent o a m9nth to n9th, or go air bnb no deposit and roll..the only odd wrinkle, i assumed air nbi need to furih so, now there str 3 of everything, lolit was my assumption, and the yiung coyples immediate need kinda caused cinfusion. . ,..

1 Best Answer

I am a  property manager for vacation rentals across the U.S and even furnish and source new properties for my expanding clients so,  if your planing on transitioning I would like to give you some advice on creating a profitable listing. @M-Eric1 

1.A Decent Occupancy rate is essential when starting out.  I wouldn't list on airbnb unless the property is close to tourists attractions, a large university or hospital.  

2. Guest services are everything!

cleaning after each guest and replying quickly to inquiries are essential to getting good reviews and becoming a super-host

so if you don't have the time and prefer a more passive income i would suggest you partner with a cohost or PM

3. Besides being fully furnished....High speed wi-fi and a wash & dryer go a long way when maximizing your nightly rate

Hope this helped!!!  if you have any questions i'd be glad to hop on a 10 minute call

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@M-Eric1 Just be aware that Airbnb is not a walk in the park. Bad guests do exist and the expectations of pretty much all guests are high.

Oh sure, I can imagine, tere are bad people everywhere!, espwecially post lock down!I really shoukdn't complain-15% return is nothing to sneeze at, but the Drama , the record keeoing , and, niow, so much need! My last vacancy? 130 Zillow replies- and th3 ine I picked has bounced checks 5 times!oy!(can I get a Vey?)

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @M-Eric1 

**I would recommend you have a friend or relative proof your listing as there are lots of spelling errors. 

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines]

I'm having eyesight issues Sorry

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear that. Then do get a friend or relative to proof your listing for you to iron out the spelling errors. @M-Eric1 

I am a  property manager for vacation rentals across the U.S and even furnish and source new properties for my expanding clients so,  if your planing on transitioning I would like to give you some advice on creating a profitable listing. @M-Eric1 

1.A Decent Occupancy rate is essential when starting out.  I wouldn't list on airbnb unless the property is close to tourists attractions, a large university or hospital.  

2. Guest services are everything!

cleaning after each guest and replying quickly to inquiries are essential to getting good reviews and becoming a super-host

so if you don't have the time and prefer a more passive income i would suggest you partner with a cohost or PM

3. Besides being fully furnished....High speed wi-fi and a wash & dryer go a long way when maximizing your nightly rate

Hope this helped!!!  if you have any questions i'd be glad to hop on a 10 minute call

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@M-Eric1  Curious. When you read your posts do they look correct to you? This what I see:

"i juzt laidit out deposit, first mothe s rent o a m9nth to n9th, or go air bnb no deposit and roll..the only odd wrinkle, i assumed air nbi need to furih so, now there str 3 of everything, lolit was my assumption, and the yiung coyples immediate need kinda caused cinfusion. ."

This is a bit tricky to follow.