Critique my listing: Rocky Mountains, Colorado USA

Answered!
Stacey413
Level 2
Buena Vista, CO

Critique my listing: Rocky Mountains, Colorado USA

Hi everyone. Excited to get started on Airbnb. We’ve had our listing published for about three weeks and received four bookings right away. That was for the first couple of weeks, and we haven’t had any since. Would you take a look, and give me your thoughts? https://airbnb.com/h/townhut
Thank you!!

103FAEB3-9A6F-429C-AAAA-26D396FDAC29.jpeg

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

May be best to first show where the viewer will be staying; i.e. if it is a cabin-in-the-woods experience then showing a sexy picture of the place from the outside with early-morning lighting may be very enticing.

Then only show interior shots that will convey that theme; with no duplicates or full frame snapshots, oftentimes showing a partial portion of a room leaves more to the imagination. Places that are 'different' are served best by an impressionist approach.

Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Ross869
Level 4
Navarre, FL

I was mentored to make sure you are updating and answering all of the questions they ask when you open the app I.e., tell us about your stove etc. that should keep your listing toward the top of the pile. 

Nellie44
Level 1
Brighton, MI

I would change your first listing photo. It does not grab your attention. Also many of your photos are dark or not taken with enough depth. I would get professional photography. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree your photography is letting you down. I would also suggest you review your decoration to make it look more homely with prints/artwork/colourful cushions, set your dining table laid for dinner, show guests what it's like to stay there @Stacey413 

Also hosts are meant to have a profile photo of themselves on their profile - not animals or artwork, for example - having so instils trust with your guests.

Before you set up your STR business did you do any research around demand and supply in your area for your type of listing?

Stacey413
Level 2
Buena Vista, CO

Thank you  @Helen3  @Nellie44 @Ross869 for the suggestions. Re: photos: I'll update my profile with my face 🙂 and also reshoot our cabin images with bright lighting. As for finishes, the place is already a palooza of colorful prints and fabrics, but I can see that's not obvious in the photos. Finally, aside from looking at the price points for rentals all around me (STRs and cabin leasing), I don't know other sources of supply/demand info. Everyone who stays in it says my price is too low, but I don't want to overprice. Thanks again! 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

May be best to first show where the viewer will be staying; i.e. if it is a cabin-in-the-woods experience then showing a sexy picture of the place from the outside with early-morning lighting may be very enticing.

Then only show interior shots that will convey that theme; with no duplicates or full frame snapshots, oftentimes showing a partial portion of a room leaves more to the imagination. Places that are 'different' are served best by an impressionist approach.

Good luck.

Oh that’s really helpful @Fred13. Thank you.

Angela3201
Level 2
Hillsboro, OR

I like to create an experience with my pictures. Cozy blankets, hot tea, plants. Create and photograph a space that someone will want to be in. Good luck. Your cabin is so cute. 

Carol7822
Level 2
Ashford, CT

Stacey, I also noticed it says 2 guest under your title but then says there are queen bed, twin bed, and sofa bed so how many questions would you allow?  I tried to sign up for 3 people and it would not let me.  Seems like a lot of flexibility available for people if  you would allow more than two people.  Just a thought.

Thanks @Carol7822 we want to limit guests to just two at a time. But give flexibility for people that don’t share a queen bed. Maybe there’s better way to show this on our profile? 

No I get it. I have a similar thing with a queen bed and an air mattress I set up if they’re bringing a third person or they have a teenager that doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed as mom etc. I think the confusion I had was he listed both the twin bed and a sleeping sofa I’m not sure why someone would pick a sleeping sofa over a twin bed if they weren’t sleeping in the queen bed with someone else. I might just illuminate the sleeping sofa as a sleeping place and it would illuminate those extra sheets etc. unless they ask for some unusual arrangement. Just a thought.