Damages

Katrina337
Level 1
Amherstburg, Canada

Damages

Hey everyone, 

I am a new host to Air BnB. I had two back to back bookings this past weekend, one Friday night, one Saturday night. As I came home Monday I noticed a fairly big scratch on my kitchen cabinet. Myself or my cleaner do not recall seeing it when we cleaned after Fridays guests left. I would hate to accuse someone but would also like to use Air b and b cover the cost to fix. I reached out to the help centre and they said I have to request the money through a guest first. I am second guessing myself as too if it was caused by the Friday or Saturday guest now. Anyway I could still get this covered or how to go about this sticky situation? Thank you

4 Replies 4
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Katrina337  Unless you have had a guest tell you about the damage and agree to pay for it, you are not going to get satisfaction by going through AirCover.  A scratch would be considered "wear and tear".  

Okay thank you for your response, I will get it repaired myself

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Katrina337  Probably not.  Since you admit you aren't sure which of 2 guests caused the damage it would be very unusual for Airbnb to agree to cover the cost.  Unless the guest who did it is very honest and admits it and agrees to pay, you may have to chalk this up to the cost of doing business.  Can it just be sanded and re varnished?

Thanks Mark! Yes I feel like I can get it repaired at a very low cost and do it myself