Do you guys have streaming services accounts preloaded or prefer the guest to input their own accounts?

Answered!
Seifullah-Y-Naara0
Level 2
Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Do you guys have streaming services accounts preloaded or prefer the guest to input their own accounts?

I have placed all my streaming services accounts on the tv on the space I've been renting. Most of the time guests dont use the guest profile I've configured and all my view history and preferences get messed up.

how you guys go around it?

1 Best Answer
Nicholas439
Level 5
Clearwater, FL

Hi @Seifullah-Y-Naara0, I provide numerous streaming services - Amazon Prime, Netflix, HULU, Apple TV, Paramount+, Peacock - additionally I have all smart TVs so there are hundreds of streaming channels available - too much?  These services are not so expensive but on occasion a guest wants to watch a particular football game so I'll sign up for ESPN or another service that provides these for just a month.  Not sure what the general offerings are in Bolivia but most hotels provide some sort of streaming now so I try and be better than the competition. I think it comes down to costs - my rentals are expensive and streaming is a small percentage - for less costly rentals I would not expect to offer so much.  I do use my personal accounts and you are right, the guests usually use the wrong profile.  With so much on offer on streaming services, getting some new perspective on preferences allows me to broaden my horizons!!

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Seifullah-Y-Naara0,

We put all our streaming accounts there and put a guest profile on each. In our house manual and when I give an in person meet and greet (when they want one as some prefer self check), I emphasize using the guest profiles please. We haven’t had any issues with this. 

I have however been a guest at places that ask you to sign in yourself saying Netflix or other streaming services are available, please sign in with your own account and log out before you leave. 

Yes we do have netflix and we also do have satelite TV.

I do provide a couple streaming services and I have never had an issue. They generally use the guest account. I suggest you put a request notice near your tv and remotes to ask them to use guest accounts. 

Cynthia1292
Level 2
Simi Valley, CA

Hi @Seifullah-Y-Naara0 

I have two smart TV's with all the streaming services but ask guests to sign in to their own accounts and to sign out when they leave.

Prezada @Seifullah-Y-Naara0 

Eu fiz da seguinte maneira, criei um perfil para o imóvel, e coloco o nome do hóspede em conjunto com o nome do imóvel. Sendo assim, nas duas experiências que tive, os hóspedes entraram pelo perfil que leva o nome dele.

Espero que tenha sido claro.

Att.

Helmut Burns

Elizabeth3286
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

The TV has most streaming service apps including Netflix, Hulu, Prime and Disney+.  Guests simply log into their own personal accounts to use.

yes, we provide it. 

We don't offer this.  

Hsiaochun0
Level 1
Sapporo, Japan

Yes!! I provide it for free:)

Efstathia1
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hi.... I don't provide my streaming accounts. I have a smart TV so if the guest has an account in streaming services he can use his/her. If he/she doesn't have an account, then most propably doesn't care about streaming services anyway.

Hi...

we have a smart TV, if the guests has their own account they can sign in and sign out too. 

Have a nice day !!!

Hisham32
Level 1
Amman, Jordan

Same as other replies, we provide a smart 4k tv, and it is up to the guests if they want to use their accounts or not, worst case scenario they have youtube as our apartment is family oriented.

I did not provide my Netflix account for fear of what you mentioned, most users will just click on anything that works i suspected.

We provide streaming services on our smart tv, but let the guests log on with their own accounts. I find they leave their accounts set up for when the other guests to log onto , but thats their problem. 

The same for us. 😉