Do you offer outdoor amenities for your guests?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you offer outdoor amenities for your guests?

Outdoor activity.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋

As a traveler, I constantly seek outdoor activities in my destinations. During these searches, I've found Airbnbs with impressive outdoor amenities.

Though I understand that the availability of such amenities might change with seasons, depend on the space of the property, or the special design that each Host wants to give to their space, I'm curious: do you provide any outdoor amenities? Examples might include a swimming pool 💧, barbecue area 🍖, or an outdoor dining setup 🏡, among others.

I'd love to hear if you offer any of these amenities and if there's a particular one your guests frequently highlight.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

40 Replies 40
Lynette153
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi Paula, I offer a basic patio table & grill. Its a small area. However, I think I could upgrade it at some point. Do you provide amenities?

Jean523
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hi Paula,

I don't know what specific amenities you're seeking, but we have two serene patio areas surrounded by trees.  The one we use more often is set up with an outdoor teak lounge with a pad, teak chairs and tables, French bistro tables and chairs with pads, BBQ grill and equipment to barbeque, bird bath to watch birds and very nice garden flower/succulent areas (part of which is on a hill overlooking a creek).  The outdoor furniture can be reconfigured as needed.

Hope this helps!  Glad to answer more questions, Jean

Hello Paula,

I have a chalet on the Norfolk Coast with a small patio. I have a table & chairs, bench & bird table! We have communal gardens & the sea nearby. Guests mention the good location. 

Warm regards, Joanne 

Screenshot_20240410_092325_Gallery.jpg

Hi Paula,

Yes,  we offer a lot of outside amenities in both of our properties.  Grilling area, out side furniture and games. One property is direct water front with a boat dock,  the other has private beach access also with a swimming dock.  Both properties have fire pits and we provide the wood. One property has a double swing. We provide all grilling accessories. We have outside sonos music in the porch ceiling for our lake house with the dock. We have kayaks at the lake house as well. The lake house has a deck from each bedroom, water side,  with lounge, patio chairs and tables. We love being outside so try and think of everything. We also have a boat rental marina across the lake from us, that will bring you the boat you rent for the time you need it. 

David10981
Level 3
Halifax, United Kingdom

Hi. No, I let a small 3/4 roomed apartment. I do supply a camp bed or cot, sometimes both. I'm competetive on price, surprisingly I attract small families. It's at ground level in a good area with usually easy parking, it is also well placed for easy access to tourist attractions . The price advertised includes cleaning so no surprises when wanting to book. I don't use instant booking, I prefer a friendly request first, it works fo me and you have control over previous not so good guests. Outside space would have been nice though.

Rex105
Level 2
Ocala, FL

The only "outdoor" ammenities I have would be a screened in Florida room with comfy furniture that overlooks the cow pasture behind us. Great view no smells!

Michele1682
Level 2
Jensen Beach, FL

Hi Paula,  yes,  we offer many outdoor amenities,  such as an outdoor kitchen/bar,  with fridge,  BBQ,  sink,  as well as a jungle oasis for privacy, large swimming pool with hot tub,  4 lounge chairs with umbrella forshadeifyou'dlike, 4 anarondack chairs, for chats and coffee,  & a dining table for 6. We also have a heated outdoor shower.  We offer pool/beach towels, beach chairs,  and pool floats & boogie boards. It's the peaceful atmosphere that you will probably enjoy the most, apart from the great weather and location to Jensen Beach and the inner costal waterway. 

HI we have open porch out door seating fire pit, grill, corn hole games the biggest attraction is the animals donkeys they make great therapy animals goats guest love feeding them we will offer pony rides later this summer

Joann1864
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Hi Paula, there's front porch seating and the back deck has plenty of seating, gas grill,cantilever umbrella, corn hole game

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Paula and to all,

Oh I am so glad you've asked this question😉 This is a bit of a sore subject for  me as I deeply regret that Airbnb do not have "outdoor space" as a filter for guests to narrow down their choices of places to stay.

The only way to show guests you have a garden, a balcony or patio is to show it in the first five pictures but that is just a workaround and pretty unsatisfactory for guests to have to sift through 15 pages of listings in the hope of  finding  a place that provides an outside space, be it big or small.

All of Airbnb's competitors have this filter and yet on Airbnb, the only option for guests in the current filters is to sort listings by Pool, jacuzzi or BBQ.  Not ideal then if you are in a town environment but you want a place with a terrace or balcony! 

So yes I provide a lovely balcony with seating for four to enjoy a lovely glass of something special and a table and chairs for 4 and although it's a feature that guests really appreciate, this outdoor space is not deemed great enough feature to appear in the filters for guests😒

A real shame for both guest experience and hosts alike.

Miriam275
Level 2
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Yes I do, I have a pool, bbq area, we have a list of activities to do around Mount Kilimanjaro. Many hiking routes around our house. We do have a fire pit , an outside Bar with a Dart board, our dinning is mostly outside too. We can source the meats for the Bbq for the guests too.