Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

TV Airbnb.jpeg

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Across the community, we see Hosts with a variety of listings, each offering a unique style and experience for their guests. This variety often influences the amenities provided.

A TV can be essential depending on the space you offer and the type of guests you host. Another important factor is whether you provide short or long stays. Do you offer a TV in the lounge? If not, do you provide one in another area of the house, or do you prefer not to have a TV at all? ๐Ÿ“บ

Share your experiences in the comments and let us know why you decided to offer or not offer a TV in your accommodation.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

48 Replies 48
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kristina43,

This is amazing! Do your guests usually use this space? Have you received any positive reviews for offering this?

Best regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Yes, we have five-star reviews for our space in Saint Johns, FL! Many guests love the size and options in our open studio guest suite. : )

https://ninaspropertymanagement.wordpress.com/

I put a smart television in the living room because it seemed to be expected. Very few people seem to watch it though, judging by what I can hear through the floor (unit is below my living area).

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you for sharing your experience, @Megan1032. It's interesting that your guests don't frequently use it. Do you host short-term or long-term stays?

-----

Is watching television even a thing people do anymore? I havenโ€™t watched one with any regularity in over 20 years, but I got the impression people mostly watched stuff on individual devices now versus a big screen. 
i host short term, usually between 2-5 nights. 

Helen471
Level 2
Lake Worth Beach, FL

I have a Guest Suite in my home with its own private entrance, so my Guests do not have access to the rest of the home. I have a Smart TV in the Guest Suite with access to streaming channels through ROKU. My Guests love it, even the ones that stay for just a day or two. I also use the tv to put a "live screensaver" of a tropical oasis with music so when they arrive to the Guest Suite, they can start their vacation off right. It's very soothing to walk into a room with just the right ambiance to set the mood ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Hi Paula, we offer a 4-bedroom house with 50-inch Roku TVs in both the Den/lounge room and the living room. This way, if guests have different preferences for what to watch, they have the option to choose different viewing locations.

Patricia2834
Level 2
Marietta, OH

The zoning laws in my town prohibit long-term use of my unit. I have a TV in the bedroom but it can be moved if necessary to the great room.  

Rosemary376
Level 2
Keller, TX

Yes, I have a 60โ€ Roku TV in the living area. I provide internet access and guests can log in to their own streaming services.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Rosemary376 thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Do you know if your guests typically use it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

I do. With streaming. 

We have a 75" TV in the living room and one in the bedroom.  People like a TV for days when it rains, or to watch sports.  We have a condo that is geared towards families, and I find guests use the TV often to wind down and watch Netflix, news and local channels.  We even had a Wii fit hooked up to it at one point, but it wore out and just haven't replaced it yet.  

I think a TV is something that renters expect.

thanks, Kyra

Hello @Kyra-With-My-Husband-Har0 Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's wonderful to see how much effort you put into every detail of your listing ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Thank you Paula.  I have just had the lanai flooring changed and am about to have new white quartz countertops installed to update the kitchen.  I have been vacant for a couple of months to do this, but we love improving the condo and always do an update of something every year.  With the income we get from rental, it makes it possible to do some expensive upgrades.  I have a steady stream of repeat guests that always love the changes and have seen it evolve over the years.  With Airbnb it makes owning the condo possible, we can only get there for two weeks of the year with kids and work in Canada, Maui is our break from the cold of winter.๐Ÿ‘

That sounds exciting @Kyra-With-My-Husband-Har0 โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€Œ We would love to see some pictures once you have finished updating your property.

I'm leaving this guide on how to ask for advice and suggestions from our expert Hosts in the community in case you find it useful.

As a side note, I noticed you're based in Calgary. I hope the spring is shaping up beautifully there ๐ŸŒป. Here in BC, we're having a great spring โ˜€๏ธ

-----