Do you write welcome notes for your guests?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Do you write welcome notes for your guests?

18631824_Soraya_0622.jpg

Whilst I haven’t had the pleasure of being an Airbnb Host, I have stayed at a number of Airbnb listings and I’m always surprised at the amazing lengths Hosts go to welcoming their guests. I’ve had bottles of Prosecco (thank you very much 😍), down to a local hamper of goodies including fresh bottled milk from the farm, and a selection of nibbles; these are things I never expected but truly appreciated. 🙏

Another special touch was having a personalised welcome note upon arrival, addressed to me and my family. One that I distinctly remember was handwritten on a postcard and the Host had included leaflets from the local area that had some popular tourist attractions which were great for adults and children alike. It showed me that the Host put so much thought and care into my stay, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere right from the start. 🤗

I wondered; do you include welcome notes for your guests? 🗒
If so, what do you include in your notes? Do you personalise them?  Share your welcome notes, hints and tips below! 👇

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

23 Replies 23
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a beautiful idea @Kirsten266, thank you so much for sharing. There's something lovely about using peoples names and that usually grabs their attention. 😊

-----

Hi Rebecca, Liam here responding. Yes, we put a great deal into welcoming our guests.

Our seasonal rental is quite different in so many ways.

A big greeting awaits all visitors to Cuach Cottage.

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines ]

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Liam1813 Thank you so much for popping by and sharing. Where abouts in Ireland are you? I have family over in Ireland (Kilkenny) and we always get greeted with such warmth and comfort. 😊

-----

Judith872
Level 2
Boyds, MD

Hi @Rebecca 

I always add my personal and welcoming touch by providing sweet treats to each guest upon arrival with a personal note from me as their host inviting them to reach out to me anytime to ensure they have a memorable and wonderful stay. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Judith872, that sounds so lovely! Especially the sweet treats! 😋🍬

Thank you for popping by and sharing! 😊

-----

Rose422
Level 6
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Rebecca, 

Another great question. Writing notes is one of my favorite things. My listing has plenty of fun and entertaining notes, not only because I love leaving instructions for the boat operation (lights, water, toilet etc), but I find that hand written notes create some engagement. In terms of a welcome message, I have a whole welcome page in my house manual. After 2020 I shut down my airbnbs in LA and moved to my favorite city where I knew absolute nobody. I used an airbnb voucher to rent an airbnb, then from that airbnb window I looked down at one of the residential yachts and thought it would be a cute airbnb. A few months later, I had my first five star review after a vintage makeover. I love sharing some stories and have a fun questionnaire in my house manual to engage guests. I ask silly questions such as how many dresses did I stain while I worked with liquid wood throughout my remodel, or how many redundant screws did I remove, etc. Some people don't get to the quiz, but I had a couple of guests that read the entire thing! I believe engagement is a great thing and welcome notes make a big difference. Many times I left thank you cards, souvenirs, cute key chains and most guests get welcome drinks. Fresh flowers are always my go to when it comes to complementing welcome notes with something fresh. 

Rose. 

From Graceland Fort Lauderdale. a page from a house manuala page from a house manual

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rose422 👋

Thank you so much for popping by and sharing your welcome message; it's great that you include some local information. I love the ideas of little gifts too - everyone loves freebies. 😍

I'd love to know more about your renovations! 

-----

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Sometimes, I write them on local postcards. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dawn241

That's a lovely touch! It can be kept as a little momento from their trip! 

Thank you for stopping by and sharing 😊

-----