Down pillows Vs Other pillows

Katrina393
Level 1
Eureka, CA

Down pillows Vs Other pillows

What does everyone think about down vs any other type of pillows? Down pillows are not machine washable Ive learned...Advice

[Title updated by OCM to make it relevant to the post]

26 Replies 26
Claudia3510
Level 2
Suffolk, VA

Washables with removable washable covers.  Especially with COVID.  No germs 🤢🤢 allowed 👌

I don't buy anything that comes from animals so I buy down alternative pillows and comforters, no leather or wool or silk, etc.   The best pillows I found are Serta down alternative fill- they are not only beautiful and have a side gusset which is really nice, but they are not too soft and not too firm and really puffy which makes them look great when the beds are made up!    

Charlie541
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

I prefer not to buy down as well.

Ikea washable pillows mid to high range of prices

IKEA medium firm and M&S washable medium firm 

My name Elena from Floriida, I use luxurious comfort washable from Holllander home fashion.

I've used both down and other types of pillows, and it really comes down to personal preference. Down pillows can be super comfy, but as you mentioned, they're a bit more high-maintenance.

I personal don't have an issue with down pillows, but that doesn't mean my guest doesn't. The concern I had when considering this was 'what if our guest has an allergy?' Needless to say, we went with down alternative pillows.

Cindee4
Level 2
Bothell, WA

I don't like down....they get to flat!

Colleen563
Level 2
Te Awamutu, New Zealand

I have down an also have fibre filled pillows . If people have allergy’s to feathers I use the fibre filled . Nobody complains 

Jermain40
Level 4
St. Louis, MO

I don't use down pillows personally. I use 2 soft bamboo infused soft and 2 medium.  Cheaper to replace every 6 months. 

Christine3851
Level 2
Satellite Beach, FL

With my back and neck problems, I am miserable if I sleep on anything but My Pillow brand. I never travel without my My Pillow. They truly are engineered better (much better neck support), and also can be machine washed and dried which is better for sanitation. So for my guests I have high quality memory foam pillows inside the pillow shams, and My Pillow brand pillows for the 'regular' pillow (stacked with the sham pillow on the bed). We almost always ask guests how they slept, and not one has ever said they weren't comfortable.