Furniture choice

Gifty5
Level 9
Chicago, IL

Furniture choice

Hi 

I need some inputs regarding furniture choices. My first home, I purchased furniture from Ashley and it was really expensive even though due to the quality I decided to purchase from them. Now am thinking of cutting down on expenses for my next home. Has anyone any advise regarding furniture choices? Thank you

2 Replies 2
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I would recommend buying all new and all the same or similar if you intend to have more than one listing. Online STR owners groups recommend branding by painting, decorating, furnishing all of your listings the same. It builds a “brand” so to speak. If you operate STRs in different cities you can get repeat guests visiting your different listings and knowing what to expect. 

I only have one listing, it’s a mid century house so I wanted to use antiques but I quickly found out that unless it’s new, you have a receipt, and it can be replaced with the same thing, Airbnb doesn’t cover antiques- at least they didn’t use to. My beds, sofa, chairs are all new but my tables, dressers, lamps are antique. 

Hi Dawn,  I shopped on Facebook marketplace for most.