Furniture

Furniture

Hi, what if I need to make some changes with furniture?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What if you do? 🙂 - sorry your question isn't clear @Henri-Olivier1 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Henri-Olivier1   Whenever you make substantial changes to your listing, like a new coffee table, couch, larger TV, new curtains or drapes, take new pictures and post them immediately.  If you have guests who have booked far in advance, send them a nice note saying that you have made improvements and hope that they will enjoy them when they arrive for their vacation, and that the new pictures are on the website.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lorna170 

If you take your own photos, then of course this makes sense.

However, most of my photos were taken by professionals and I don't want to replace them with my own, inferior photos every time I make a small change. I certainly couldn't afford to hire a photographer every time I do! 

I've changed so many things (including the coffee table and TV) since my photos were taken - too many to list really - and not a single guest has mentioned any of them. I honestly don't think most people are that observant. Several have commented that the house looks nicer than the photos, but I am not sure if they know why. Sometimes its good to undersell and overdeliver!

The only time I thought it was important to add new photos was when I changed a bed. I think a large sofa would also be a good example.

Of course, I do think it depends a lot on the listing, including the size of the space and the number of things in it. Plus, if you are changing the look and feel of a room with the new furniture or changing a lot of things at the same time. Basically, how radical are the changes? And, for sure, if we're talking about a big upgrade or a lot of upgrades, it's worth showing them off!