Guest requesting a caravan to be brought to the property for an extra guest

Chris-and-Natasha0
Level 2
Barwon Heads, Australia

Guest requesting a caravan to be brought to the property for an extra guest

Hi everyone, I need some advice. 

We have a 90 acre property which sleeps 12 guests. We have a guest who is staying for her wedding weekend & really wants to add another bridesmaid to her gang. 

She already has 12 guests staying & we don't have room for another bed set up. 

She has asked if they can bring their own caravan to sleep in for the 3 nights (they won't be using power / water etc) It will just be used to sleep in. 

Our thoughts:

Obviously we need to charge as she will be using our towels, services such as water, electricity etc & will be basing herself in the house other than the bed. 

Other things to consider ... are we liable if she was to fall & hurt herself on the way out to the caravan? Potentially not appropriate lighting depending on where she parks. 

Is there anything else I need to consider? 

Any help would be amazing! 

Cheers,

Tash 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Chris-and-Natasha0 I'd let them and not overthink it too much.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Tash,

I have a hard no on a number of people but that is because I have large houses in an urban location and tend to attract parties. I have various ways of monitoring this and guests are informed.

She is not going to stay in a caravan, she will go inside and we all know it, they will find a place inside. I could be wrong and it does not really matter at the end of the day.

She is being honest, most would have sneaked the person in so honesty is appreciated.

I would say in your case you should just do it.

As for insurance, you have Aircover. They are not great as far as damage, but have been great with personal injury/liability (based on personal experience and account from others)

Do you have independent insurance for your property? If you do not, it is a must.

You can have her sign a very simple waiver, something you can find on line. it might not hold full legal weight but will give make her more responsible.

In your answer, i recommend mentioning that your property does not have infrastructure for a caravan as far as adequate lighting etc so this should be at her own risk

@Chris-and-Natasha0