How do you decorate the guest bedrooms?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you decorate the guest bedrooms?

Quincy_0-1687191145125.jpeg

Hi all! 

Everyone takes great effort in having their guest bedrooms looking all fine and dandy 🏠

Are you all about fluffy pillows and soft blankets? Maybe you've mastered the art of lighting and ambiance? Or perhaps you've got a knack for vibrant colours and eye-catching decor.

Tell me, what's your secret recipe for creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere? How do you make your guests feel right at home ? Are there certain things you should not do?

Share your tips!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

19 Replies 19
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Quincy what determines which threads are top of the Top category? It seems odd that this one is given no one has responded

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great question @Mike-And-Jane0! This is usually determined on how many thumbs up a topic gets. 

Of course, it also depends if a member is willing to share their insights on a specific topic. Some might just read the topic and give it a thumbs up, and some choose to leave a reply behind 🙂 

-----

Brian2688
Level 2
Washington, DC

Greetings,

Dear Quincy,

Here's a idea of your planning,To decorate guest bedrooms, consider the following tips:

1. Choose a neutral color palette to create a welcoming and calming atmosphere.
  2. Opt for comfortable bedding, including soft sheets and cozy pillows.
  3. Include essential furniture like a bed, nightstands, and a dresser.
  4. Add personal touches such as artwork, decorative pillows, and curtains to enhance the room's ambiance.
  5. Ensure there is sufficient storage space for guests' belongings.
  6. Provide amenities like extra blankets, towels, and toiletries.
  7. Consider adding a seating area or desk for added convenience.
  8. Keep the room clean, organized, and clutter-free.

The goal is to create a comfortable and inviting space where your guests can relax and feel at home. I hope this information is really helpful for you.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great tips @Brian2688! Do you follow a similar decoration style when decorating other rooms in your home? 

-----

Comfortable Bedding: ** Invest in high-quality bedding, including a comfortable mattress, pillows, and soft linens. Choose neutral or calming colors that can appeal to a wide range of guests.

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely tips @Rainbow14, which colours would you recommend? 👀

-----

Miriam619
Level 2
Hammond, LA

3F5FB739-9B7A-4F8C-9B3E-1C65B95D4AA6.jpeg

49BD3790-1D11-45F8-903B-CA2624B38BF7.jpeg

Hi I have a simply theme and I don’t go high end on everything.  I am not in a tourist area.  I have a functional, comfortable, home type theme.  I can’t afford the high end bedding, etc. my reviews are all very good.  Always clean and comfortable.  

78A6A694-F2CB-4EBB-8C4D-8A29BF7B7201.jpeg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Miriam619! sometimes simplicity is the best 🙂 I love the chequered floor!

Where did you get the items for your guest bedroom from? 

-----

The studio was kept like the previous owner designed it .  I’m going to paste my listings if you want to see them as well as the one in Buras 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes, please do! 🙂 @Miriam619 

-----

Walmart mostly

the bedspreads are easy to wash and they don’t tear up the washer.  Also it keeps them cleaner and they are reversible 

I agree with @Miriam619 

You don’t always have to go high end. High end does not = positive experience. 

I LOVE cozy bedding!!! Don’t get me wrong. It’s just sometimes that’s not wise or possible. 

For example one of our homes hosts large families going to Disney. They aren’t always the most careful guests and we have a high volume of children under 10. 

Just by making sure you have quality items and meeting the needs of the guests is good. You can exceed their expectations with how you treat them and how you make them feel during their stay. 

🙂

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

When I started out as a Host, I bought quite a bunch of items from Tkmaxx (Tjmaxx) and IKEA at decent prices 🙂 @Miriam619  @Phil-and-Lacy0 

Great tips by way @Phil-and-Lacy0, and I love Key Largo! I was there in 2010 on a road trip down to Key West🙂

Where do you usually purchase bedding, furniture, and other items from? @Phil-and-Lacy0 

-----

Hi @Quincy 

Key Largo is home. What I like is you can’t see anything from the our only road. Everything is hidden. 

We usually purchase from HomeGoods. That’s our favorite. We can usually find quality items at a fraction of the cost. Ikea does a great job as well.