How do you manage owning 2 holiday lets?

How do you manage owning 2 holiday lets?

Hiya, I started letting out a house with Airbnb a couple of years ago which has been a great success I’m always booked and has been a great experience. Therefore I have decided to buy another. I don’t at the moment have set days for check in / out. 

I do all the cleaning and changeovers myself and I'm interested to hear how other hosts manage doing 2 lots of changeovers  singlehandely without the dates all clashing? At the moment I do min of 4 days stay.

Any suggestions appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hi @Jacqueline1190, you can't do the changeovers for the two homes yourself, sooner it will be so overwhelming for you to handle. I will advise getting a cleaner to do the job, and you can always come in to do it yourself if you are available but it is good having it in mind right now that the cleaning of the two homes cannot be single-handedly done by you alone.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I handle it by getting a cleaner to help @Jacqueline1190 

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Jacqueline1190 Doing one yourself is fine but this is something that doesn't scale. So you have to pay for hep which cuts into your profits. So the second one will not be so lucrative.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacqueline1190 

That's exciting news!  Please feel free to post about your new listing, we'd love to know more about it!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines