How do you set up two rooms in the same apartment, together or rented separately

Answered!
Benny107
Level 2
Norresundby, Denmark

How do you set up two rooms in the same apartment, together or rented separately

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Benny107  You make 3 listings:  one for Room 1, one for Room 2, and a third for Rooms 1 & 2 combined.  Then you link then all together in your settings.  That will prevent overlapping bookings.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Benny107 if the choice is between a 2 bed private apartment or 2 bedrooms rented separately in a shared apartment then the latter is a nightmare if you have one messy/noisy guest and one clean quiet guest.

If however it is a 3 bedroom shared apartment then putting the other 2 bedrooms on separately is fine as you will be there to mediate any issues and clean as you go along.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Benny107  You make 3 listings:  one for Room 1, one for Room 2, and a third for Rooms 1 & 2 combined.  Then you link then all together in your settings.  That will prevent overlapping bookings.

How do I link them together in settings? I don’t want two separate parties to rent, only those traveling together.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you only want to rent to parties travelling together then you rent as a whole listing @Nelda20 

I want to be able to charge different prices for one room versus two. Is there a way to do that in one listing?

Yes, this is best option. I too have listed the two rooms separately.

Debbie297
Level 2
Riverside, CA

@Benny107  I live in California, I do NOT currently USE 2 LISTINGS, but I have in the past done 2 listings for my shared home. At certain times, I had opportunities to rent what for me is a second room apart from my primary listing and I did create a second listing (I duplicated my same title and just called it 2-"xxx listing"). I think the big thing is TRANSPARENCY so that whoever is renting in one room has full transparency on the app at the time of renting IF there will be renters in a neighboring room. Also helps to repeat during the initial email. Misunderstandings can lead to bad reviews and unncessary drama I try very hard to avoid them. I find that no matter how clear I write something on my profile, people often do not read a lot 🙂 

If you plan to rent both rooms to friends or family members, it may be easier to rent the rooms together, as it would allow them to share common spaces, such as the kitchen and living room. If you plan to rent the rooms to strangers, it may be better to rent them separately to maintain privacy.