Is it ok to leave my car in the garage while renting the place out ?

Answered!

Is it ok to leave my car in the garage while renting the place out ?

Hi ! I'm going to list my place in Wellington, New Zealand for 2 months while I travel abroad. I'd like to leave my car in the garage, where the washing machine and dryer are. I know air cover includes damage to parked cars and boats but I still feel a bit nervous. 

It's an old second-hand car. I don't have any other car locks apart from the main sensor.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Sherry505  and welcome to ABB CC from a fellow Host in the north.

I would be inclined to ensure that you message your Guests prior to arrival and let them for your own Peace of Mind that you will have a friend/ family member who may pop by to collect mail and water your plants and who may be entering your garage and take your car for a drive - or turn the engine over whilst you are letting your home as you want your vehicle working when you return and 2 months of it not been driven can have an impact...

Open communication and a set mutually agreed day/s and time that your Guests are comfortable with in the least intrusive manner may be a potential work around.

All the best and have a great trip away.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Sherry505  and welcome to ABB CC from a fellow Host in the north.

I would be inclined to ensure that you message your Guests prior to arrival and let them for your own Peace of Mind that you will have a friend/ family member who may pop by to collect mail and water your plants and who may be entering your garage and take your car for a drive - or turn the engine over whilst you are letting your home as you want your vehicle working when you return and 2 months of it not been driven can have an impact...

Open communication and a set mutually agreed day/s and time that your Guests are comfortable with in the least intrusive manner may be a potential work around.

All the best and have a great trip away.

In many cases, it's entirely acceptable to leave your car in the garage while renting out your property, especially if it doesn't disrupt your tenants' use of the space. However, maintaining open communication with your tenants and being considerate of their needs is crucial for a successful landlord-tenant relationship. If you anticipate any issues or concerns, it's best to address them proactively and work together to find a solution that works for everyone involved. Regards **

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines]