Message Search

Answered!

Message Search

Hi - It would be very helpful if hosts were given the opportunity to search for messages by guest name. It's incredibly difficult to find a past guests without the ability to search by name or other details. VRBO does that and it makes the platform much easier to use.

1 Best Answer
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Adam87 

Agreed. Once you've hosted hundreds of guests, it's a complete pain to have to click through page after page to find someone. 

Should be a simple thing to do, I imagine. The message system does seem to be a bit basic though.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Adam87 

Agreed. Once you've hosted hundreds of guests, it's a complete pain to have to click through page after page to find someone. 

Should be a simple thing to do, I imagine. The message system does seem to be a bit basic though.

View solution? Solved question? There is just a comment that the message system is rather basic.
I depend on my email inbox to search for all kinds of things. It would be useful to search the AirBnb message inbox and not only for guest names. Especially after you've been with AirBnb for a while.

What I have to do is keep a calendar off line and then I can go to the AirBnb calendar and look up a conversation with a guest. 

But right now I've lost my lockbox combination and wanting to look for "lockbox" in the message inbox, I don't know when was the last guest I used that with. 

It just needs to be searchable.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Adam87 

I use the list of reservations to find a guest. It has a least a fliter on "time-period".

(but would be nice the filter could also act on guestname ! )

Or download the csv file and find the guest + time period.

Then (from the specific reservation) click from the pulldown menu at the end (the three dots) to the belonging message box..

Just an "alternative search option" as long there is no direct search on the Inbox.

BTW

As all communications go also to my private external emailbox, it is even more easy to search a guest there, using the search/filter tools of the email-software.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Adam87 @Jp8 @Huma0 

This has been raised previously & is a necessity for commonsense  Best Practice.

It would also be helpful if they had more page numbers written at the bottom / top for when one wishes to send msgs to Guests  for whatever reason for ease of access.

Thoughts?

@Airbnb @Lizzie @Nick @Francesca @Sergi @Anna @Noriko 

@Catherine-Powell 

@Liv @Katie @Stephanie @Quincy would you please raise this with those responsible for IT and come back to us, including with updates?

Thanks