New Host - Trying to Create Listing but Missing Sections

New Host - Trying to Create Listing but Missing Sections

Hello! I'm so sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out. 

I'm trying to set up the writing part of my listing today (getting professional photos soon so just using placeholders for now). But I'm really confused about the listing. I went through all the steps but it only gave me the Title and Description sections for writing. No other sections.

It's missing "The space" section I see in all the other listings, the "where you'll sleep" section with the description of the bed sizes,  the amenities section in "What this place offers" and the location description "where you'll be". Did I do something wrong? It never gave me an opportunity to fill out any of these sections. 

It also didn't let me add captions or descriptions of the rooms to my photos.

Do I have to publish first to fill out these sections? I don't want to publish it though until I've had a chance to complete these.

Thanks SO much!
Kim

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kimberly788  Yes, you have to publish first. I don't understand why this is, it seems really stupid and counterproductive to not allow hosts to first publish with complete info. It wasn't like this when I first signed up in 2016- I know I had all those fields available and carefully and diligently filled them out.

But honestly, you do not want to publish yet if you don't feel your photos are good enough, using them as "placeholders" (but plenty of hosts' own photos are fine- sometimes pro photos are not preferable- they often use wide angle lenses which elongate and distort the spaces). 

Wow ladies thank you both so much. I had no idea!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

To add to what Sarah said, your listing isn’t live the second you publish it @Kimberly788.

It takes at least 24 hours, sometimes more. This is so you have time to make adjustments. This isn’t communicated beforehand.

Thank you so much! And good to know it gives me time to complete the profile before actually being published. What a strange strange system

It took me so much time to figure it out! Thank you guys for this thread, it was useful for a nooby like me. I think I would never manage to do this without reading your answers