Pet Oder

Answered!
Marina1782
Level 2
Mentone, CA

Pet Oder

I’m wondering what you use that is not so chemicalized to get rid of pet odor from guests that have 

Long-haired dogs that have a distinct scent

1 Best Answer

There are several natural remedies that can help eliminate pet odors from your home. One option is to sprinkle baking soda over carpets, rugs, and furniture and let it sit for several hours before vacuuming it up. Another solution is to mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist the affected areas. Additionally, using activated charcoal or essential oils such as lavender or peppermint can help freshen the air and mask unpleasant smells. It's also important to regularly clean and vacuum your home to prevent the buildup of pet hair and dander.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

There are several natural remedies that can help eliminate pet odors from your home. One option is to sprinkle baking soda over carpets, rugs, and furniture and let it sit for several hours before vacuuming it up. Another solution is to mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist the affected areas. Additionally, using activated charcoal or essential oils such as lavender or peppermint can help freshen the air and mask unpleasant smells. It's also important to regularly clean and vacuum your home to prevent the buildup of pet hair and dander.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I found that baking soda (in small quantities) works quite well for odours on carpets @Marina1782

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I’m going to implement that into the vacuuming of furniture. 
Good idea.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good luck! Let me know if it works out for you @Marina1782

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

We own 3 cats and a dog but we do not allow pets of any kind. Odor and allergies are two reasons and pet comparability is our 3rd reason. 
our unit is in our rear yard and our dog is 16, can’t see real well, doesn’t hear either. She will go after anything she senses as a threat.

Baking powder will also gum up your vacuum beater brush if you use it a lot.