Please allow a search filter for bath tubs (vs just showers)

Answered!
Aimee179
Level 2
Eureka, CA

Please allow a search filter for bath tubs (vs just showers)

As a disabled person who needs to travel occasionally, and often has trouble with standing showers, it's very difficult to sort through hundreds of listing photos to find pictures of bathrooms with tubs in them. There's no way to filter for this, and the bathroom is rarely described in the listing. I know this isn't just an issue for me, and would be helpful for other hosts to highlight this. Sometimes I've noticed hosts will list bath tubs using the hot tub filter, but that's obviously not correct and isn't helpful for people who want an actual hot tub rather than a normal bathtub. It looks like Airbnb got rid of the "suggest an idea" feature so I don't know where else to post this. 😞

1 Best Answer
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Aimee179, thank you for taking the time out to write this feedback. I will pass on your thoughts and concerns to the relevant team. If would like to, you could also write your feedback on this form 😊

Best wishes,

Sophia

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Aimee179 

Hi Aimee, there used to be......a few years ago the bathroom was classified as 1 Bath if it actually had a bath. If it didn't have a bath, just had a toilet, shower and handbasin it was classified as 1/2 Bath.

This was up until 2019.

The only way to now check if a property has a bath is to scroll down to the 'What this Place Offers' section, click on Amenities, the first section will be 'Bathroom'. If the property has a Bath it will be shown as per this screenshot........

Amenities A.png

If it doesn't have a bath the description will look similar to this.....

Amenities B.png

It is always wise to check the Amenities section when looking through various listings Aimee.

Notice the second listing, although not having a bath does list a Bidet which some guests might find as an attractive addition. This section contains a lot of useful information that may not be described anywhere else in the listing description.

Cheers........Rob

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Aimee179, thank you for taking the time out to write this feedback. I will pass on your thoughts and concerns to the relevant team. If would like to, you could also write your feedback on this form 😊

Best wishes,

Sophia

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bronwyn100
Level 7
Hardys Bay, Australia

Hi

I only have a bath in the house and an outside shower. It is in the description with photographs. I am trying to make the house amenable to wheelchair access too.