Queens or twins?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Queens or twins?

I have had all queens in my four bedroom property (7 queens, bedrooms are large) and never gave it a second thought. Looking at competition, they all have multiple twins and bunk beds. This does not mean that they are doing better than me. it is time to change beds in one of the rooms. Should I change it up to bunks?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Inna22 Zip link twins would be ideal. Expensive but worthwhile - just make sure there is a default set up defined in the listing and notice required to change to the other set up.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Inna22 Queen is better if the room can fit it. In two of my rooms, I put twins, because due to the size of the room, I felt like having 1 person stay there is better.

@Inna22. Many hosts have smaller bedrooms and disguise this with the type of beds they offer. Sometimes they are simply using what they already have, or purchased cheaply. And often they are in hosting for a short time before they sell up too. If you regularly host kids 3-12 then bunks are popular but above this, queen beds appeal to the teens, tween girls and adults so less bed redundancy.

As you are an experienced host I'd be guided by your guest booking demand and feedback. 

Bunks are hard to make so if you're making the switch I think twins are the better move.

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

I would look at what my market wants or if there is a new market I want to encourage.   Then plan my beds accordingly.  Having Multiple twin and bunk beds encourages a large group  in 1 though large room.  Also you are dealing with  then volume of people sharing a bathroom, even if I am in a group  and know everyone in thee group, I am going to consider number i my  group and number of  bathrooms available to me.     If 1 bathroom  but room is set up to hold  six of us, then to me your setting would be my discount choice.  If you think  of I have to get along with my six friends for  5 days in a shared bedroom sharing the  bathroom with   my  5 friends for 5 days.   The only reason that would be  appealing is the  rate is so cheap.   With that comes the  fact  that in 3 days when  living  with my  best friends is not pleasurable, I move to  another location where I do have some  personal  space and not a refund request but my honest review that a large  group  in one bedroom is a  challenging experience..