Quilt Recommendations

Michael6685
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Quilt Recommendations

Thinking of moving from duvet/duvet inserts to lightweight quilts to cut down turnover time. Any recommendations on what brand quilts they're using? There are so many options out there, but prefer to hear what you're using and what's working for you (including if it dries quickly). Thanks for your feedback.

4 Replies 4
Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We don't like how quilts feel so we use 100% Cotton blankets from West Elm.

Ribbed Bed Blankets | West Elm

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael6685 Do you plan to launder the quilt after every stay? I would be suspicious if I stayed at a place with quilts as they are so hard to wash and dry that they may not have been washed. My advice is to stay with duvets.

Blankets don't have this problem and much better than duvets. They are much easier to maintain.

@Michael6685 , if you’re really set in using quilts then I’d recommend buying 2. I don’t use duvets…too time consuming. I have comforters that are very lightweight. I purchased two (@$40.00 a piece). While one is being laundered (we do our own laundry), we have a clean one ready to go. I do not put the comforter in the dryer (wrinkles and wear and tear on the comforter filling) and instead have it hang dry on a clothing rack (expandable one)  I have set up in a spare room of our main home. Works for us.

Best—