Removed heavy traffic carpet and replaced with high-end travertine tile

Answered!
Debbie297
Level 2
Riverside, CA

Removed heavy traffic carpet and replaced with high-end travertine tile

Curious what others think? I actually already acted on this, I removed my carpet from the BEDROOM and HALLWAY to bedroom and replaced for high end natural stone tile because I was so sick and tired of dirty carpet, I have an in-home carpet cleaner and my carpets were NEW at the start of Airbnb just 4 years ago, and I cleaned and cleaned, but people often broke the "no shoes on carpet" request and there were just stains and stains drove me crazy. I figure the cleanest way to go is this route. I'm still in process or redoing the bathroom too to match remaining style, shopping for bath tub and bathroom tile, etc. If anyone has any input or advice, still open!

Has anyone else taken this route of removing carpet from heavy traffic areas? 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Debbie297 I think Travertine is a great idea as long as you are in a warm climate or have underfloor heating. Otherwise (and for our house) it would feel awfully cold.

Travertine will stain though unless it is well sealed.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Debbie297 I think Travertine is a great idea as long as you are in a warm climate or have underfloor heating. Otherwise (and for our house) it would feel awfully cold.

Travertine will stain though unless it is well sealed.

Oh thank you for the response @Mike-And-Jane0 ! 

I am putting extra coats of sealer on it this week actually, good point, and true about cold floors, I am investing in some easy to wash plush rugs. In southern California we can live without underfloor heating but that would be amazing!!