Rooms & Spaces discrepancy

Todd348
Level 1
Palm Harbor, FL

Rooms & Spaces discrepancy

My listing clearly states the correct bedding arrangements which are 1 queen bed and 2 twins, but for some unknown reason, under the “rooms & spaces” heading for my listing, it lists “6 beds”, which is confusing for people looking to stay with us.  I could use assistance in getting this updated.  To that end, why there’s not a simple “chat” area with a live person on the Airbnb site?  It should not be so difficult to rectify a simply discrepancy in a host listing. Your platform has a lot of positives, but one recommendation for improvement would be to employ a couple of help desk personnel  to be at the ready instead of sending hosts to an often useless FAQ area.  

3 Replies 3
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Todd348 this is a forum of Airbnb hosts, not customer support. Airbnb CS is notoriously hard to reach and unhelpful.

You should be able to correct your listing details under "Listing Details" -> "Rooms and Spaces" -> "Sleeping Arrangements" where you can specify the beds available in each room.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Todd348 As experience grows you will find your way around the strange ways of the Airbnb site. Try Lisa's advice or just wonder through the listing trying things!

Has it always been showing 6 beds or has this just started randomly? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Todd348  There already exists the ability to send a message to Airbnb, i.e. "chat", although lately it can be a long time to get a response. You have to go to the "help" section of the site, then follow the prompts and drop-down boxes until you get to a "Contact Us" box. It's a convoluted process, but it's there.

A "couple" of Help desk personnel? You've got to be kidding. Airbnb probably gets ten thousand messages a day asking for help with an issue.