Should I buy a Sleep Number bed for my Airbnb listing?

Answered!
Debbie297
Level 2
Riverside, CA

Should I buy a Sleep Number bed for my Airbnb listing?

I am in process of a remodel of my Airbnb space and am considering a new bed. I just bought a Sleep Number bed for myself, and am seeing that I can potentially invest in a modest version for my listing. Any input? 

NOTE:

1. I would have the recommended Sleep Number frame with it so avoid any issues that come from not being framed right
  2. I would have the $200+ mattress protector that Sleep Number guarantees for 10 years--if a stain ever goes through to the bed with their protector on it-- the replace the whole bed and cover for free. 
  3. Sleep Number has overall warranty of 15 years and I've seen them uphold their warranties before, saw someone get their 10 year old bed replaced just like that before... just in case good to know. 

What do people think? Would this be a good investment to add to my listing?

1 Best Answer
Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Debbie297 

I have a sleep number for myself, and I actually liked it so much I purchased one for my parents last Christmas. However, given the price, unless I was running a luxury listing, something higher end, or something at a higher price point I think a 2k+ mattress is a bit excessive and likely wouldn't even be noticed or appreciated by most guest. Additionally, while all Airbnb's have wear and tear, private room rentals tend have a higher turnover rate, as they are more moderately priced. 

I purchased more modest options at around $300 and added a nice mattress topper and protector. I get quite a few guest that comment they are very comfortable. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Caroline2293
Level 2
Fayetteville, NC

Hi Debbie.  I am curious to hear if anyone else has a sleep number in their Airbnb homes.  I had one personally, and did not care for it.  We recently changed it out with a Nectar mattress and it is SO much better.  And a lot less expensive.  

Hmm, thank you I should consider other options its true before jumping to one. I did a search within listings though and I found many listings who headline with "sleep number bed" in their title.... But would still love to hear more directly from hosts.

The sleep number is expensive though....😮, I was looking at a modest brand that would run just around $2K US Dollars.

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

@Debbie297 

I have a sleep number for myself, and I actually liked it so much I purchased one for my parents last Christmas. However, given the price, unless I was running a luxury listing, something higher end, or something at a higher price point I think a 2k+ mattress is a bit excessive and likely wouldn't even be noticed or appreciated by most guest. Additionally, while all Airbnb's have wear and tear, private room rentals tend have a higher turnover rate, as they are more moderately priced. 

I purchased more modest options at around $300 and added a nice mattress topper and protector. I get quite a few guest that comment they are very comfortable.