Sizes of beds

Answered!
Daniele-Y-Fabricio0
Level 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Sizes of beds

Hello!

Airbnb has lately introduced the possibility to specify the type of beds for each room:

- King

- Queen

- Double

- Single

... etc...

Especially for the first three types of beds, some guests might be extremely picky in terms of definition ("Oh!!! But you said it was a Queen bed! This is a Double bed!"). The definition are very generic and also vary much according to each country.

It would be nice to have an Airbnb official size guide both for Guests and for Hosts for every type of beds, or rather showing the sizes next to each type of bed.

What do you think?

1 Best Answer
Marc137
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, MY

Totally agree. A king bed in Asia is not a king bed in the U.S. for example. So if would be nice if airbnb had specifications what qualifies for a king, queen, double, single bed etc. That would definitely help avoiding any misunderstandings.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hmmmm, I understand what your mean; I didn't think of it that way - interesting!

Personally, being in the UK, I think I'll stick to the UK guide and if any quest was to dispute it I'll show them our bed size metric

BW, Ama

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

I ignore that whole section.

Lin7
Level 1
Tawonga, Australia

We have a "King" bed room listed, for our property in Australia. The bed is a commercial hotel standard King which can be easily converted to a pair of King singles to create a twin room. We need to be able to inform our potential guests that the room offers a "King" or "Twin" setup but only accommodates 2 people either way.

Any suggestions?

Sharmin2
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Just wondering - Did you get a response on how to show it can be a King or Twin set up?

Marc137
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, MY

Totally agree. A king bed in Asia is not a king bed in the U.S. for example. So if would be nice if airbnb had specifications what qualifies for a king, queen, double, single bed etc. That would definitely help avoiding any misunderstandings.

Edwin23
Level 1
Washington, DC

I agree.  It would be a great idea to include bed measurements.  Some apartment descriptions already include such measurements.  It's very helpful when you and your partner are not sure that you will both fit comfortably in the bed.

Alex168
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

Totally agree. It's completely pointless information as sizes vary completely by country. The list should at least include the bed dimensions.

Rick101
Level 1
Hawaii, United States

We should be able to search for listings by bed size.   Now we have to do it by fully reading each listing and sometime the listing has no information or it is very inaccurate

Kimbra-And-Roger0
Level 1
Clachan-Seil, United Kingdom

Very good point - it takes hours at the moment - regards

@Daniele-Y-Fabricio0 thank you for bringing up this topic!

We may be over-thinking this.  Travelers I think are used to the fact that bed sizes and customs are different from region to region around the globe, so let's hope they can deal with this phenomenon on AirBnB 🙂

Good pictures of the bed area, always a good idea, will help too.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I doubt that the people who come up with these descriptions on the site are even aware that standard bed sizes vary throughout the world. But there's nothing to stop a host from actually stating the bed dimensions in their listing details.

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Or similarly, nothing to stop guests from finding out for themselves what standard sizes beds are in the country they are planning to travel to. If they have a concern that the bed size will not suit them, that would be the prudent thing to do.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hello @Daniele-Y-Fabricio0

I have listed the sizes of my beds since I started hosting 3 seasons ago.

Ive got a king sized bed.

Ive got a double bed.

Accurate description , saves a lot of heartache later.

As AirBNB users, it would be VERY helpful to put the dimensions of all avaiable beds! Some look very small in the pictures, but may not be in "real life". Makes a difference to us.