Smart lock for self check-in

Smart lock for self check-in

Hey Everyone!

I'm in the process of preparing my apartment in Budapest for Airbnb rentals and I'm looking into smart lock options compatible with the Airbnb app. From what I've gathered, it seems like the following "Schlage" smart lock models are a popular choice since they are compatible with the Airbnb App.

Shachar5_2-1714736412888.png

However, there's a bit of a snag for me since Schlage doesn't have a European branch. I'll have to order the lock from Amazon, and I want to ensure I'm making the right choice without any surprises down the line.

If anyone in Europe is currently using this lock, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. Can the installation, activation, and operation be easily done without the support of Schlage, considering they don't operate in Hungary?
  2. Have you encountered any technical issues with the lock that required support?

Beyond these technical aspects, I'd love to hear about your overall experience with the lock. Is it worth the investment, especially considering its higher price compared to other smart locks? And importantly, have your guests found it easy to use during their stays?

Thanks a ton for your insights and help!

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Shachar5 👋

We get lots of questions on the Community Center about smart locks, so I found a couple of conversations for you to have a look at: 

🔒Schlage Locks....
🔒Schlage Encode Wifi doorlocks 

Let me know if these help you at all. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Rebecca,

Appreciate you sharing those conversations. They were really helpful.
Thanks a lot 😊

Take care.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Fantastic news, you're so welcome! 😊 

It would be really interesting to see what you decide to go for 😎

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines